Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 protector/skin for the sides?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 protector/skin for the sides?
    Hey guys, not really sure where to post this (was going to post it in the skinning/themes discussion but that's all about themes really, and I figure this is kinda 'modding' the phone a bit lol).

I have an iPhone 4 which I got a free bumper/case with using the app. The case I got is a clear hard-plastic Belkin one that goes around the back and sides, and I have a vinyl screen protector on the screen. I have got bored of the Belkin cover as I think it makes the phone slightly bulky and also takes away it's natural beauty. So I have ordered a clear vinyl screen protector for the back of the phone, and now I want/need something similar to protect the sides - I don't want a hard plastic or silicone case, it has to be thin vinyl like the front and back screen protectors.

I have been looking online and eBay etc, but haven't really found much. Do any of you guys have something like this? If so, can you direct me where to get them? I'm from UK but I guess it's fine if I have to order from USA or somewhere. I went on Zagg.com but it's a little confusing (and pricey!) - because when you view the side skins, it shows you a preview of a square and not the actual side skin, which makes me wonder what the skin would look like. I would prefer to have one with a design or a solid colour, although if I have to get a clear invisible one then that's fine.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: I found some full body decals which I like and I'm probably going to get one. I NEED YOUR HELP!! Which one should I get? Personally I like either the blue/red stars, or the tetris one.Let me know what you think!

So which one should I go for?
    Last edited by Funked; 2010-10-19 at 08:18 PM.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i have the zagg invisible shield full body (front + back + side protection). that might be what you're looking for.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kadinh For This Useful Post:

Funked (2010-10-19)

Check out icarbons, they sell one for just the side band as well as front and back - iPhone 4 Black
    I have Kleptomania, when it gets bad I take something for it...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to disenchanted For This Useful Post:

Funked (2010-10-19)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys. After some more research, I found some on eBay which are vinyl stickers for the front + back + sides. Take a look at my original post and let me know which one I should get!
    Last edited by Funked; 2010-10-19 at 07:52 PM.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

thats pretty slick how they make the background on the phone match the cover. good idea. im digging the spiderweb one myself.

I like the white one, they're all pretty cool though.
    I have Kleptomania, when it gets bad I take something for it...

Have you tried GelaSkins ? It's a Canadian company but ships the products to UK as well. They have huge collections for any iDevice. You can even upload your own picture to make the skin as well, pretty cool... I've got all my skins from them, the service from them is super.
    Cheers
    Last edited by yamamoto; 2010-10-20 at 05:57 PM.