Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS wont go past apple logo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 3GS wont go past apple logo
    Hey guys im in need of some help,
    My niece dropped her phone on the floor of taco bell this past weekend, and it will not boot past the apple logo. There is no physical damage, screen is not cracked, but it will not boot past the apple logo.

Every time i plug it into the outlet the apple logo will come up for about 5 seconds, then the phone will turn off for about 20 seconds, then the apple logo will come back up like its stuck in a loop.

I can put the phone in DFU mode and i tried to restore it to the original 4.0.1 fw, but i got the error saying i dont have authority for this fw, so i tried the new 4.1fw. The phone would show the apple logo like its accepting the new fw, but then the phone would reset and the apple logo would disappear.

Finally as a last resort i tried to use greenpois0n to possibly reset the phone and hopefully get it back going, but i fear there is an issue with the hard drive or motherboard when my niece dropped it and thats why it wont boot correctly or accept the new fw.

Does anybody have any other tips i can try? oh and i already tried a hard reset too, all that does is bring up the apple logo for 5 sec and it disappears.

thanks for any help you all can give me!

I'm guessing hardware fault following being dropped on the floor at taco bell!

I think you need to take it in for diagnostic.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    that blows, so there's nothing else i can try? What will the Apple store try?