Results 1 to 6 of 6

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to manually backup app data?

  1. #1
    Default How to manually backup app data?
    Does anyone know what I need to copy to manually backup app data? I'm about to upgrade from iOS 4.0.1 to 4.1 but can't get AppBackup to work, it just crashes despite reboots, disabled mobile subrate extensions, etc.

    As always I intend to do a clean restore, but want to backup the data for 3-4 AppStore apps first.

    Any insight is much appreciated!
    Last edited by Nitsson; 2010-10-18 at 05:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsson View Post
    Does anyone know what I need to copy to manually backup app data? I'm about to upgrade from iOS 4.0.1 to 4.1 but can't get AppBackup to work, it just crashes despite reboots, disabled mobile subrate extensions, etc.

    As always I intend to do a clean restore, but want to backup the data for 3-4 apps first.

    Any insight is much appreciated!
    I just posted a similar question and it was suggested that I just wipe everything (if I restored to new) and reloaded all the cydia apps I had and reset settings again. He said because of possible issues. I asked for. Further understNding and no one replies back. I thought like Pkgbackup would be nice.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SepticTank View Post
    I just posted a similar question and it was suggested that I just wipe everything (if I restored to new) and reloaded all the cydia apps I had and reset settings again. He said because of possible issues. I asked for. Further understNding and no one replies back. I thought like Pkgbackup would be nice.
    The reply you received is correct with regards to Cydia apps; they often rely on daemons or mobile subrate to function so restoring from backup into a different version of iOS is a recipe for trouble. I want to save data (such as game progress) for standard AppStore apps which, in theory, should be easier. That was a little unclear in my original post, which I've now updated.

  4. #4
    That's a good question too. Hahaahaha

  5. #5
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Barrie, Canada
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    EDIT - Just re read your original post and realized that you were having problems with Appbackup.

    I was on 4.0.1 and it worked for me before I updated to 4.1. So I'd suggest reinstalling it or keep trying, as it is compatible. Best of luck!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SepticTank View Post
    That's a good question too. Hahaahaha
    My thoughts exactly

    Quote Originally Posted by aesthetical View Post
    EDIT - Just re read your original post and realized that you were having problems with Appbackup.

    I was on 4.0.1 and it worked for me before I updated to 4.1. So I'd suggest reinstalling it or keep trying, as it is compatible. Best of luck!
    Thanks. I actually ended up copying the entire app folder from private/var/mobile/application/encrypted code/ and have just restored to 4.1. Will try to put some of it back after the jailbreak.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •