Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Why does the changes tab in cydia suck so hard?

  1. #1
    Default Why does the changes tab in cydia suck so hard?
    Yea, as the title says, seriously? Why?

    Why should I have to monitor blogs to know when a great app get's an update? Thanks to the fact that I am monitoring some iphone blogs i knew FolderEnhancer had been updated for 4.1 today if it hadn't been for that i wouldn't have know till the end of the month when it was expected to come and i would search for the app to check.

    It's called changes so why does it only show new stuff and not actually changes?

    This is seriously the biggest loss after having to switch from rock to cydia...

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,101
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 544 Times in 404 Posts

    I agree, it needs to show all changes and updates.

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonick91 View Post
    Yea, as the title says, seriously? Why?

    Why should I have to monitor blogs to know when a great app get's an update? Thanks to the fact that I am monitoring some iphone blogs i knew FolderEnhancer had been updated for 4.1 today if it hadn't been for that i wouldn't have know till the end of the month when it was expected to come and i would search for the app to check.

    It's called changes so why does it only show new stuff and not actually changes?

    This is seriously the biggest loss after having to switch from rock to cydia...
    It does show updates. Though not if you pirate apps. Did you pay for it?
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  4. #4
    yea it shows updates... if the program is installed yes... but in this case it was not, would be nice to be able to see when things you do not have installed get's updates too...

    sigh i miss rocks UI

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Find the app you want updates for in Cydia, click the button that says 'Change Package Settings'. On the page, you see why you don't normally see updates to packages that aren't installed and then you get an option to override that feature.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Find the app you want updates for in Cydia, click the button that says 'Change Package Settings'. On the page, you see why you don't normally see updates to packages that aren't installed and then you get an option to override that feature.
    I second this!
    Seriously you should some research before you go around dissing peoples work, if you can build a better version of cydia I'd like to see it, otherwise quit fussing

    iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

  7. #7
    Thing is, maybe i want to see all update to all packages weather installed or not kinda like the name of the tab implies??? After all the tab's name isn't "New" if it where i could see it just showing new packages but that isnt the case, the tab is named changes and should therefor show all changes


    Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    I second this!
    Seriously you should some research before you go around dissing peoples work, if you can build a better version of cydia I'd like to see it, otherwise quit fussing
    i might not be able to code something like cydia or something for the iphone at all, but i am still allowed to question and criticize stupid design choices in an app i use, just like you are allowed to be a stuck up ***-kisser
    Last edited by Leonick91; 2010-10-18 at 04:43 PM.

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonick91 View Post
    Thing is, maybe i want to see all update to all packages weather installed or not kinda like the name of the tab implies??? After all the tab's name isn't "New" if it where i could see it just showing new packages but that isnt the case, the tab is named changes and should therefor show all changes




    i might not be able to code something like cydia or something for the iphone at all, but i am still allowed to question and criticize stupid design choices in an app i use, just like you are allowed to be a stuck up ***-kisser
    It's explained on the page why the choice was made. I'm fairly certain that since he thought about it, it's the better choice.

    About the name, it makes sense because it does show changes to your installed apps.

    Think about it for a minute; updates to every single app wouldn't make any sense at all. The tab would just be cluttered up and you it'd be of no benefit to anyone, except apparently you, but even if you got what you wished for, I'd think you'd want it changed right back. Your idea simply isn't a good design choice.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    It's explained on the page why the choice was made. I'm fairly certain that since he thought about it, it's the better choice.

    About the name, it makes sense because it does show changes to your installed apps.

    Think about it for a minute; updates to every single app wouldn't make any sense at all. The tab would just be cluttered up and you it'd be of no benefit to anyone, except apparently you, but even if you got what you wished for, I'd think you'd want it changed right back. Your idea simply isn't a good design choice.
    well whatever, cydia never get any updates anyway so it change is pretty unlikely... and yea i would like it if it was changed and plenty other would too, rocks changes wasn't cluttered in any way and they worked like that

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •