Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WiFi Unable to Connect - @ wit's end.

I went back and checked, but I don't think limera1n works for 3g. Only 3gs and 4. Disregard that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mmk.

Dude I'm having the same problem when i jail break my iphone but when I restore my iPhone to factory settings my wi-fi works no problem. There might be a problem with redsn0w and the iPhone 3g.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea.. this **** is driving me crazy. I'm about to try some weird stuff tomorrow and see if I get any results. I'll report back if I get this **** figured out. I'll try restoring mine and putting the original ATT sim back in to see if I can get WiFi to work.

hi Cygmarx,

I do have the same problem with my Iphone 3g, it work fine with all my routers.

Just once day i come to my friend plug into his Itunes to sync some apps, sucessfully. got home , I can not connect to my wifi router anymore , while all my wireless devices work fine. not only one router, all rounters as I had connected as usual before now only be detected on Iphone but "Unable to join". whatsoevery I change and do still gert that message.

I did everything like to note down in your 1st post and still no luck. I trying to work out why I can not beat this S*** problem.

I'm very annoying and willing to find out why too, if you find the way let me know, I'm very interesting to want to know.

Hey Cygmarx
    just checking back. Did you ever get your wi-fi to work?

The suspense is killing me. How does the story end? I've been unable to connect to ANY wifi network (even in the Apple Store). My kids and my wife have iTouches and iPhones - they can all connect. Not me. I've tried all the same stuff listed here.

Any other recommendations?

I had the same problem. My iPod's did log in to the router and get internet, but none of my iPhone's could.

A short while ago, My Windows 7 computer got a virus. I ended up putting the DVD in and ran the update. After that, I was supprised that now my iPhone's can now get internet.

Give it a try, it cann't hurt.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

if there are any punctuation marks in your router password, the iPhone will not connect. I found this out after I changed my password once.
    Last edited by skiptowncat; 2010-11-14 at 06:08 PM.

i have the same issue i was able to connect last week friday b4 my internet when down... now its up and im unable to connect to the wifi even though im using the correct password!!! i have an iphone 3Gs on 4.2.1

Sometimes the problem comes from one of the neighbor's router and it's not easy to isolate it without analyzing the WIFI signals. I'm using a Netgear WNR3300 (DD-WRT build 13064) and I often can't get connected to my router when I come back from work, connection is ok after I restart my router. At the end I found out that one of my neighbor got a router sold for a different region which has less number of RF channel than my region. The region setting in the router is done by the factory and can not be changed. To avoid interference with other routers around I set mine on the last channel and this channel is not covered by the "non-legit" router of my neighbor. So when I start the connection, somehow my WIFI card detects the "non-legit" beacon before it detects my router beacon, the WIFI card takes it as I am in the region defined by the "non-legit" router and it can't see the last channel of my router. The region info is encoded in the beacon signal.

I have to move back to a different channel near the center of the band and shorten the beacon interval on my router from 100ms to 50ms, this help my WIFI card to have more chance to catch my beacon first.

but other devices like my macbook and a blackberry connects fine... im seeing the access but when i enter the WEP password its not allowing me to connect 'unable to connect' How do i reset my router? i dnt have a clue on how to!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have the same problem with my wifes .it well not connect to any wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by iraph89 View Post
    but other devices like my macbook and a blackberry connects fine... im seeing the access but when i enter the WEP password its not allowing me to connect 'unable to connect' How do i reset my router? i dnt have a clue on how to!!!
    - Restart: power off, wait a few seconds and power on, the router config doesn't change.
    - Reset: usually there's a little hole with a tiny reset button behind, power off the router, push and hold the reset button then power on, wait for may be 10sec and release the button (please refer to the router manual). This will clear all custom settings and the router returns to factory default config, before restting please take the precaution to note down the security settings (SSID, encryption mode WEP or WPA, WEP/WPA key) and refer to the router manual for default user/password.

Unlike the Macbook WIFI card, the iPhone doesn't show much info on the WIFI connection, my iPhone4 can not connect to the Airport express with WEP or WPA when it is on iOS4.0.1 while connection to other type of router is still normal and now on iOS4.1 connection to Airport express is ok with WEP or WPA.
    Last edited by aneagle; 2010-12-11 at 02:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12