Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you buy an iPhone 4 without a contract in the US at the moment?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Can you buy an iPhone 4 without a contract in the US at the moment?
    Hi All,

My Wife's parents are in the US at the moment and my wife wants an iPhone 4 and thought she might get a better deal in the US rather than the UK where we live which is still 499.00.

Is there any store in the US where the iPhone 4 can be bought without a contract and not on eBay or anything like that.

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not likely. On eBay they're quite pricey. I believe 499.00 is the best deal you're going to get.

Yes you can. Apple store, Best Buy to name a few. Full price for 16 gb or 32 gb is around 375 or 438 UK (estimated conversion from USD).

Those would be carrier locked to AT&T and an unlock for BB 2x is not yet available unfortunately. But based on rumor and speculation, unlock may be available in November timeframe possibly. Could be worth the savings if you can wait.
    Last edited by Coop; 2010-10-16 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

As Coop has said, the dev team have hinted at an unlock when 4.2 is released, so if you can wait till then it would be worth it..
    I have to say, get the phone ASAP just in case they unlock the 4.1 baseband! I geuss they hinted at an unlock because they found a flaw in the current baseband, but if apple manage to find that hole before 4.2 then it could mean the dev team have to start all over again..

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

yes you can just like coop said, i bought mine in apple store and other 1 for my gf at best buy, just to be sure, make a phone call, if they have on stock, coz some apple stores wont sell in full retail price..

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Go to Wal-Mart. You can get one there and they only charge sales tax. I went to apple to get mine and after all the extra crap it would have ended up $65.00 more than at Wal-Mart. But it won't be unlocked bit you can get one right away you may get lucky on the BB and firmware like I did.

Yep, you can buy them anywhere they're sold. AT&T, Apple, Best Buy, Walmart. 16G is $599 plus tax (US) and 32G is $699 plus tax (US)