Results 1 to 6 of 6

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: No data on AT&T after Limera1n

  1. #1
    Default No data on AT&T after Limera1n
    I updated to 4.1 through TinyUmbrella (preserving baseband), restored, jail broke with Limera1n. That left me with no access to AT&T because of the hacktivation. I installed Ultrasn0w and got AT&T back.

    The problem is that now I have no data on AT&T and no access to the computer where I sync my iphone4 until Monday. Any thoughts on how I could get my data back?

    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Ultrasn0w, but get the same results.

    Thanks,
    RT

  2. #2
    Default same here
    same problem, different carrier. I'm in Japan using softbank. everything was working fine with a trimmed softbank sim and ultrasnow, but after updating to 4.1 with tinyumbrell to preserve baseband, jailbreaking with limera1n and installing ultrasn0w I have phone but no data through the carrier. downgrading to 4.0.1 fixes it and gives back data with no problems. tried three different times with limera1n and always end up with no data access.

    any ideas?

    also tried running greenpois0n on virtual copy of windows but wouldn't recognize the phone in DFU mode. when's the mac version gonna be available for download?

    thanks

    t

  3. #3
    Thumbs up Solution
    I had the same occur. Used TinyUmbrella to retain baseband on Iphone4 with 4.0.1 and upgraded to 4.1.

    I have ATT. I had to use UltraSnow like iphoneshinobi to get telephone back. I then did not have data. I tried 4 times using both GreenPois0n and limera1n.

    Finally found a solution. I used a paperclip to popped my simm out and then pushed it back in.... bingo.... works perfect - both Telephone as well as data.

    While investing I found that Apple has now hidden the APN settings window under Settings....

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to TroyS For This Useful Post:

    iphoneshinobi (2010-10-17)

  5. #4
    Thanks for the suggestion.

    But since I'm using another carrier the sim was constantly being swapped anyways. The phone will always connect to the Japanese carrier, but it seems that nothing I do, including reinserting the sim, brings back data access.

    One strange thing is that when I gave up and downgraded to 4.0.1 and left it on 4.0.1, the same lack of data access happened. Reinserting the sim fixed it on 4.0.1, but with 4.1 there is never any data access. Not sure.

    So working now. Tried again with mac version of greenpois0n, then ultrasn0w. At first it had the same problem, but reinserting the sim seemed to fix it right up. really weird, but its working, so that's super sweet.

    thanks
    Last edited by iphoneshinobi; 2010-10-17 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #5
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    It's just a jb gone wrong. Same thing happened on my other iP4. It showed no AT&T carrier or signal. I redid everything. Restored, activated, restored from back up, then Limera1n. It's weird cuz I did it in a different order on my first iP4. I restored to 4.1 with TU, limera1ned it, then restored from back up last.

    Best bet if all else fails is to redo everything.

  7. #6
    That's why I was worried though, because I had gone from 4.0.1 to 4.1 and back like 5 times, and everytime 4.0.1 would work with data and 4.1 would have voice but no data. Problem solved now though, just don't know why...

    Could be unrelated, but the sim reinsertion is WHEN it worked with 4.1.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •