Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store Apps Not Installing

Default App Store Apps Not Installing
    Hello, I have a 3Gs 4.1 New Bootrom, every time I try to install an app off the App Store on the iphone it just closes the App store and dosent install the app. Ive been just getting them off iTunes and installing them but I would like to get them right from my iPhone. I can install updates for the Apps I have pre installed already, just cant install fresh apps. Anyone else with this problem or know how to fix. Thanks

BTW my friend with a 4G 4.1 has the same problem.

Thanks

restore restore restore

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    restore restore restore
    Thanks for the response. But is that the only way to fix this problem then? I would really hate to do a whole restore just for this one little problem. Appreciate the help.

Restored and re-jailbroke. Still same problem, any other solutions?
    Last edited by NeonBlue1989; 2010-10-15 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Are you restoring from back up? After restoring, you should set the phone up as new.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Are you restoring from back up? After restoring, you should set the phone up as new.
    Yes I am restoring from a backup. But my friend on his 4G was on a fresh iOS from Apple store and first time jailbreaking. If I would do a new restore would I have to redownload all my cydia apps over again instead of using my PKGBackup?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yes, then I suspect strongly that you restoring from back up is carrying the same problem over, so regardless of you doing a clean restore, if you don't set up as new you will keep having the problem.

You would end up having to go thru Cydia and deleting apps/tweaks that are possibly causing the problem one by one to find the culprit. So you might as well restore and set up as new and reinstall everything. Pkgbackup will only work if you restore from back up, but obviously you will keep having this problem if you do that. You'll have to set up as new after restoring or find the Cydia installation causing the problem (and it might not even be that so your best bet is to restore and set up as new anyway).

Get my drift? You'll just have to tough it out and write down all the apps from Cydia you have and reinstalling. Note that some Cydia apps/tweaks are not iOS 4 or iOS 4.1 compatible and could very well be causing the problem, so make sure you're not reinstalling something that isn't compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Yes, then I suspect strongly that you restoring from back up is carrying the same problem over, so regardless of you doing a clean restore, if you don't set up as new you will keep having the problem.

You would end up having to go thru Cydia and deleting apps/tweaks that are possibly causing the problem one by one to find the culprit. So you might as well restore and set up as new and reinstall everything. Pkgbackup will only work if you restore from back up, but obviously you will keep having this problem if you do that. You'll have to set up as new after restoring or find the Cydia installation causing the problem (and it might not even be that so your best bet is to restore and set up as new anyway).

Get my drift? You'll just have to tough it out and write down all the apps from Cydia you have and reinstalling. Note that some Cydia apps/tweaks are not iOS 4 or iOS 4.1 compatible and could very well be causing the problem, so make sure you're not reinstalling something that isn't compatible.
    Alright, thanks for the help. I will give this a shot once I get out of work tomorrow.