Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Appbackup

Default Appbackup
    The maker of appbackup told me after I backup to copy var... ( too long)Appbackup to my comp but iPhone browser won't let me... Any other program I can use that will?

Green Apple
    Thanks

You're referring to the app from cydia that let's you backup your app store apps saved data right?

I've used it a few times, you simply back up the apps you want to keep in the actual app, then do a backup in itunes and it saves a file in your contacts or something with all your data. Then once you restore your phone and restore from backup, you re-download the app from cydia and go into it (after all your apps are sync'd back to your phone), and hit restore all. It's worked perfectly for me every time I've used it. Hope that helps!

I asked him how to restore my app data with it if I restore my phone to new... So he said I need to back up the info in appbackup. But with iPhone browser I do not have the option to copy it so I was wondering if there is another program for my comp similar to iPhone browser that will allow me to do that... Thank you though

Green Apple
    Thanks

You don't use iPhone browser...you simply backup the data within the app, then sync with itunes and let itunes back up the phone. Then once you restore the phone, and do a restore from backup in itunes, you redownload the app from cydia and hit "restore all". It's that simple. No other program needed.

Appreciate your response, however I know that method, I've never lost data anyway from a backup in iTunes... I'm talking about completely restoring my phone as a new phone and starting fresh... He told me I have to copy the data from appbackup, then after I download the app again to put that data back in the app, then it will restore my apps data. So I am trying to find a program for my computer to do that so when I finally upgrade to 4.1 I'm going to completely flush my phone clean, then just restore my saved app data after jailbreaking...

this is crashing on startup for me. latest version iphone 4 4.1