Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Safari Crashes

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Safari Crashes
    I got iPhone 4 running 4.0.1.

It's been running normal since ever since yesterday 10/13/10, now I open Safari and open Google.com as soon is loads it crashes closes Safari. Now even my iPod touch does the same. Any ideas why? I don't want to update iPhone to 4.1 or my iPod Touch.

Any feedback is good. Thanks

My friend had a similar problem but it went when he updated. Why don't you want to update. If you're on 4.0.1 you've got nothing to lose. You can use Tiny Umbrella to update to 4.1 without update baseband.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jak321 For This Useful Post:

delusion950 (2010-10-14)

Thanks

i tried going to 4.1 with itunes version before the most recent 10.0.1.22 it didnt go through, maybe that's the reason. i tried that already it didnt work for me, maybe because of the itunes version?i updated to latest one am going to give a try see what happens. thanks for ur reply

For anyone reading am trying to update to 4.1 to preserve my baseband with tinyumbrella but i keep getting error 3014 while trying to update.Any ideas why?
    Last edited by delusion950; 2010-10-14 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello everyone! My wife experienced the same problem just yesterday. Here's the solution:
    1. You do not have to upgrade
    2. Open Safari. As soon as the google screen shows up, try to catch the "classic" button below.
    By default it is set to "mobile". Switching to classic stops it from crashing. Keep trying to press
    Classic even if you fail the first few attempts. Eventually you will get it.
    3. Next, while you are in classic mode, press igoogle button at the top/right of the page.
    4. That page DOES NOT crash! BUT we're not done yet...
    5. Press the + button at the bottom of the screen and then press "add to homescreen".
    6.Thats it! everytime you need to access the google page, just press the icon you created on your homescreen.
    You may also notice that because of this, even the Safari icon, when pressed, results in your saved page
    opening up.
    7. Lastly, if you experience same crashes or shut down when accessing Facebook or Twitter, just navigate to
    their official sites via the google page you created, then save them too on your homescreen. In fact
    the official Facebook and Twitter icons will automatically show up on your homescreen. Thats it!
    Piece of cake!!!
    Last edited by theauthority; 2010-10-17 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks

sounds to me like u had "frash" installed and it keeps crashing

Or you can go to the AppStore download, download manger lite and you can access the web through there for now. It's easy fast and free.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

it only crashes when i open Google as my front page. as soon as i click to search bar open different website it doesn't crash, any website except google.com. i fixed the problem. i updated to 4.1 it's fine now. nd i have modmyi on the front page lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used MXCO'x recommendation to download Manager Lite, opened Google Mobile, and followed The Authority's recommendation for adding Google to the iTouch homescreen. I did have to sign into my Google account to get to Google Mobile without being shutdown by Safari. Thanks all.........
    Last edited by Dodah; 2010-12-23 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Update