Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 4.1 jailbroken dock themes

Default iPhone 4 4.1 jailbroken dock themes
    Is anyone else having problems with winterboard on 4.1 jailbroken I cannot get my themes to change such as my dock I want to change the style of my dock however when I download it on cydia then use winterboard to apply it and respring nothing happens please help and info is greatly appreciated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Winterboard hasn't been updated for 4.1 as of yet. There are a couple of changes to the way images are named from my understanding of a couple posts Ive read. I'm going to check it out on my phone today through SSH. The best solution until there's a Winterboard update may be to do it manually.

http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=726134
    Last edited by NiMexicatl; 2010-10-15 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Typo and link addition

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NiMexicatl For This Useful Post:

fe_tech53 (2010-10-15)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey fe_tech53 I found some themes at modmyi.com/forums/iPhone-4-new-skins-themes-launches that have been specifically designed for the iphone4. It appears that the problem isn't winterboard it's the themes themselves. With all of the file name/location changes older themes will mostly not be compatible with IPhone 4. iPhone 4 compatible themes can be found at several locations. Mp2 and fiftyfoodshadowsHD are a couple that I am currently running without problem on my iPhone 4.1. Hope this helps.

^ I have those themes as well, but mine are not working properly. For mp2, it looks as though i'm missing a few app skins, including phone and messages. The wall paper isn't coming up, and the lock slider isn't happening.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice0004 View Post
    ^ I have those themes as well, but mine are not working properly. For mp2, it looks as though i'm missing a few app skins, including phone and messages. The wall paper isn't coming up, and the lock slider isn't happening.
    Mp2 is working fine on my i4, have you got summerboard switched on?

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Yes summer board is on. I'm currently running 4.1. Are you as well?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup it does say in the signature thingy down there vv

Very strange. Why work for some and not others... What source did u download from?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'd have to look at the way you have your directory set up to check it out. Do you know your way around iFile/SSH? If so a screen shot of /var/stash/Themes.***** and /var/stash/Themes.*****/MP2-iPhone4.theme would help us figure this out. But I don't think you should have summerboard switched on.

Summerboard is switched on... I'll ssh in soon and let u know what I come up with

With summerboard switched off, none of the icons are themed... except winterboard.

WTF.

After SSHing into the device, I realized its missing the actual icons in the Icons folder.
    Last edited by Ice0004; 2010-10-18 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Ha! That could be a problem! And as someone stated earlier, WB is fine...its the older themes that aren't working correctly on ip4. Currently, I am 99% done completely upgrading the Acute theme for my ip4!

Alright dudes, I'm gonna do the unthinkable and create my own theme. Basically, create the folder under themes... and the icons folder. I got this.

Does anyone know the size and res the icons are supposed to be created at? For the iphone 4

Thanks

@Ice0004
    R u making a complete theme or just icons?
    Icons are 118x120 with a max res of 600 px/in (I think)! These are labeled: "appname"@2x.png (eg. [email protected]). Place them all in a folder named Icons.

BTW, I'm going off the top of my head here! These instructions are for creating high res DISPLAY icons after you've created your original @2x icons.

After you've created these in Photoshop (PS), click:
    -File (in PS) then select Process Multiple images.
    -Choose ur Icons folder as the original location & destination.
    -DO NOT USE THE 'SAME AS FOLDER' check box!!!
    -Keep the Directory name + select .png as the extension.
    -towards the bottom, it will show u the icon size. Change the drop down menu next to this to display Percent. Since your original icon is 100%, you now have to change it to 50% since this is what your phone will actually display. Then click OK or PROCESS or whatever it is on the left of the box!
    -Make a folder with your Theme name
    -Place ur Icons folder in your theme folder.
    -SSH in, and place your Theme folder in /var/stash/Themes directory. Respring and select in WB! Hope that helps!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Ice0004 (2010-10-18), seamariners85 (2010-10-21)

That sounds wonderful, and extremely useful. I consider you a friend. Thanks!

I'm gonna start off simple. Just icons and wall papers.

Thank you

Thanks

I just edited that post! The com...springboard folder is for something else. BTW, do the same for ur wallpaper to get a high res image but I don't know the dimensions/resolution for that. Good luck!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Ice0004 (2010-10-18)

Thanks again.

Thanks

I forgot! If u wanna auto-theme ur icons, here's a great tutorial:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f214/how_...g_ios4-121797/
    *I don't think auto-masking works with Apples Default icons and Cydia app icons but I could be wrong....

Im having a hard time figuring out retina display icon size and res. Does anyone know what the correct dimensions are and res size?

Thanks

Check this post, it'll explain a lot! Sorry, BTW, I dont know where I got 118x120... The new size is 114x114! My bad!
    http://globalmoxie.com/blog/designin...-display.shtml

Its weird because when I make the icon those dimensions, and drag and drop the file into my icons folder... it appears too large on my iphone display.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast