Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 4.1 jailbroken dock themes

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

@Ice0004
    Any luck?

Lots of luck, thank you so much. I'm whipping something up as we speak. Running into a couple of problems.

First, I figured out what I was doing wrong earlier... as nothing was structured correctly in the themes folder. (with the com.apple.xxxx files.) I realized there is a structure that must be followed, and now things are looking good.

I'm trying to create a wall paper for my theme. But when I drop it in the themes folder, its way too big, even tho I'm following the correct size (960x640). I'm only seeing partial image when it is on the wallpaper of my phone.

On the dock, the icons I create have a very annoying gray square around them. But when I drag the icon out of the dock, that annoying gray box isn't there.

Thanks

Again, for wallpapers you must have two png files. The other will be half the size of the original. Remember to name accordingly.

I read something about that icon-dock problem. I'll try to find it for u. There is a solution for that!

Awesome man, thanks so much! I'm making an Ice theme. Pretty Cool So far.

Thanks

Found it! You're gonna have to read through to find the solution but editing icon size might be your answer. You can try 114x114, 116x116, or 118x118. I also saw someone reduce their icons by 4% and it fixed their problem. REMEMBER that you'll need to adjust both .png as well as ur original @2x.png. Also, there are 2 wallpapericonshadow.png (.png & @2x.png) in the Springboard.app directory that can leave a blackish look under ur icon. I moved those into a folder I created in the Springboard.app folder so I still had the originals if I needed them.
    http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=695670

Two files of each you say? Do both files png and 2x go in the com.apple.xxxxx folder? Wow man, you have helped me so much. I'm gonna try to figure out this gray box thing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

if you are making a personal theme (ie, not be distributing) for an iPhone 4 ONLY, then the only icon you need to have is the @2x one... the "@2x" is how iOS knows to use the retina display...

this is one of the reasons many older winterboard themes were not working correctly on the iPhone4...

i will add, this DOES NOT apply to everything... for example, after 4.1 the FolderSwitcherBG.png file is now default for ALL devices... where as before, for the iPhone 4 it had @2x at the end, it doesn't now...

i am far from a theming guru, just doing search to fix my themes and stumbled across most answers here on mmi using google and the search here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice0004 View Post
    Two files of each you say? Do both files png and 2x go in the com.apple.xxxxx folder? Wow man, you have helped me so much. I'm gonna try to figure out this gray box thing.
    @Ice0004
    Yes, both files in com...springboard folder. BTW, do you have an ip4 HD theme to reference back to while making yours? That would also assist you tremendously!

Did u get wallpaper to work? If so, what did u change?

@Psychotic, will the Retina Display auto-size the wallpaper. If it does, then why do u think ice0004s WP is showing up too big. I made the assumption that you needed both or maybe even just the .png file.

I've had 3.x themes on my ip4 that display their wallpaper so I thought if ice0004 had an @2x version and then downsized it to a basic .png version, then the .png file would be high res since it was created by a high res image. Does that nake sense...sounds a little confusing/retarded?!?!

Dunno, maybe ur right! I told ice0004 that I'm not knowledgeable about wallpapers. I know how and where they can be disabled but that's about it.

So I have a question. Where can I find the com.apple.xxx folders for all my apps so I know what they should be called in my themes/bundles folder

Thanks

Let me email u something...or u can email me so I can reply. [email protected]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ice0004 if you have your phone system open in iFile or are SSH'ing into it, your apps will be located in both /var/stash/Applications.***** and /var/mobile/Applications depending on the app. Some are in one some are in the other. If you proceed from there and open a specific app folder and then AppName.app you will find a file called info.plist.

NOTE: the words key and string mentioned below will have <'s around them when your viewing info.plist

Upon opening the info.plist file you will need to look for either key CFBundleIdentifier key or key CFBundleURLName key (if only one is there use the one if both are present use both by making two seperate folders with the different names...from my experience this is needed I'm not 100% sure if it is necessary) directly below either of these will be string -what to name the folder- string for example cydia looks like string com.saurik.Cydia string therefore the folder name is com.saurik.Cydia .

In addition the necessary name of your icon will be listed in a similar fashion. Look for key CFBundleIconFile key underneath will be the name used for the icon of that app (same as above). Once you make the icon, place it into the folder you created earlier for the app. There may be multiple names given for the icon, each one may be for different purposes sometimes they are identical. Sometimes I just copy the same icon and label them accordingly if I am unsure. Also the original icons used by the app can be found in the same folder as info.plist if you run into any trouble.

Hope this helps.

I've also added some pics that might help.

Directory of installed apps:

Info.plist:

CFBundle******:

This is my icon directory for my theme:

<br>

This is an icon inside of one of the app directories:

Last edited by NiMexicatl; 2010-10-21 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Typos and Addition of Pictures

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NiMexicatl For This Useful Post:

Ice0004 (2010-10-25)

Thank you guys for all your help. I created my theme. Take a look:

If anyone is interested, its only a buck: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=67PVL53VRDX58
    Last edited by Ice0004; 2010-10-25 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks

Ur link isn't working!

Really? Its working for me... strange. Here try again, I edited the post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12