Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Senior member needs some help. Not another noob question

Default Senior member needs some help. Not another noob question
    I just updated to 4.1 and reJB and everything tonight on my iPhone 4. I attempted to use Chronus to restore my photos in my camera roll. I can't get them to show up in my photo album even though they do show up when I plug my iPhone into my PC and browse the photos that way. I can also see them in ifile when I browse to their usual photo. But, like I said, I can't get them to show up in my photo app. Does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on? Thanks.

It sounds like u need to use fixpng

The same way you pull png's in apps off the iPhone through ssh

Fixpng should fix the pics after you download them onto your pc

Thanks for the reply. Where can I find that?

I don't know if that's it. I can view them in ifile. They just won't show up in my camera roll. It's as if it's empty.

I can also transfer them from ifile directly into my camera roll and view them once I do that. So I guess I found a solution somewhat. It's too bad that I can't move them all at once being as how I have over 400 photos and videos. This whole restore update jailbreak process has really been a pain. iTunes on the PC is truly a horror now. And isn't the iPhone supposed to use USB 2.0? Then why does it take 3 hours to move 28 gigs of data on to it?!!
    Last edited by Cory Gillmore; 2010-10-14 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The camera roll needs a thumbnail file (.thm) for each pic to show up. you can make Photos reload and generate them but i only did it once and it was by accident.
    If I've helped, please use the Thanks! button.

Is that thm file usually in 100APPLE? I've never noticed it.

It's in /private/var/mobile/Media/PhotoData/100APPLE whereas the photos are in /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE
    If I've helped, please use the Thanks! button.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

i ALWAYS use "Image Capture" on my macbook before i restore... then i put them in the folder i have iTunes sync my photos with...

the only thing that sucks is, its a pain in the *** to delete them if you sync the photos to the phone vice, save them...

Quote Originally Posted by PSYC0TIC ONE View Post
    i ALWAYS use "Image Capture" on my macbook before i restore... then i put them in the folder i have iTunes sync my photos with...

the only thing that sucks is, its a pain in the *** to delete them if you sync the photos to the phone vice, save them...
    That's what I use, in my opinion iPhoto sucks when it comes to speed use "Image Capture"
    To activate this open iPhoto(sucks I know) then File or Edit Preferences, tell iPhoto when a camera connects open "Image Capture"

Make sure the Photos app isn't running. Navigate to /priv/var/mobile/media/photodata and delete the plist and 2 sqlite files. Then run the Photo app and the database will be rebuilt with thumbs.

I'm no expert and came across this on my own. Always backup your files and use caution.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rizight1 For This Useful Post:

Cory Gillmore (2010-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Rizight1 View Post
    Make sure the Photos app isn't running. Navigate to /priv/var/mobile/media/photodata and delete the plist and 2 sqlite files. Then run the Photo app and the database will be rebuilt with thumbs.

I'm no expert and came across this on my own. Always backup your files and use caution.
    Dude I owe you big time. That did it! Greatest first post ever? I think so!! You seriously just saved me like hours of browsing ifile and manually adding each photo one by one. How the hell did you stumble across that?!