Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App to adjust in call volume?

Default App to adjust in call volume?
    Background -
    I have a jailbroken 3g iphone running 3.13.
    The up portion of the volume rocker no longer functions. My in call volume is currently at the default 50% or whatever it starts at.

I am looking for an application that will allow me to adjust in call volume on speakerphone and regular call speaker.
    I do not have a headset with volume control so that is not an option.
    The phone is not in warranty so having it fixed by apple is also not an option and im not going to pay 50 bucks for a tech to fix something that shouldnt have broken in the first place.

I have sbsettings installed with the volume slider but that controls everything except incall. I have been searching for days for a way to adjust this volume and have not had any luck.
    Any ideas?
    TIA
    -Joel

Are you a DIY'er? Honestly, these things are not too difficult to open and repair. The volume button assembly is available on eBay for under $10 shipped. Disassembly and repair procedures readily available via google search.

i thought about it but the back is already cracked and broken and i dont want to end up having to pop for a new backplate and a new volume rocker. I hate this phone as it is, its really just a spare, lol.

You do not want to try to replace the back. There are about 50 screws holding various components to each other and to the back that you would need to replace.

If you still need help with this I was in the same boat until I found a fix. Your gonna need ifile to get to the file to adjust the incall volume. Once you have ifile navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ & look for com.apple.celestial.plist
    Change all the settings to 1 & respring once all done. Then test it out and let me know if it helped.