Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Migrating iPhone related things to new OS?

Question Migrating iPhone related things to new OS?
    Hey all,

Just reinstalled Windows 7 on a new SSD drive.

Can someone please point me to the easiest way to migrate all my iphone related goodness from the old iTunes to the new?

I have managed to get my whole music library moved but cant figure out the best way to move the iPhone stuff. I got the iPhone backup files, but thats it for now...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I know there is a ton of content on google, with a ton of different methods, but i am hoping someone who has done this before can point me to the most efficient way of doing this.

Cheers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

You probably should have done a clone or restore onto the SSD. Thats what I want to do, buy an SSD, clone the HDD I have it my PC now swap them out then re-image the SSD to have everything the HDD did.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    You probably should have done a clone or restore onto the SSD. Thats what I want to do, buy an SSD, clone the HDD I have it my PC now swap them out then re-image the SSD to have everything the HDD did.
    I changed a few parts and decided against cloning. Having said that, i still have my old Windows 7 on my WD Raptor drive mounted, so i have access to all the folders. I can even boot to it, if necessary.

Anyone help me find the easiest way to get this done? I just want to keep all my contacts, settings, apps, etc...and very badly want to avoid duplication or loss of contacts