Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Limera1n Problems / Issues Thread

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Limera1n Problems / Issues Thread
    So we don't lose any advice on correcting errors or issues arising as a result of using Limera1n to Jailbreak - I'd like to try to keep this as a troubleshooting thread (also for highlighting those Cydia apps that don't yet work properly on a JB 4.1)

================================================== =========

Model: iPhone 3GS 16Gb - New Bootrom (bought in May 2010)
    Limera1n Version: Beta 4.
    OS Version: Windows 7 32bit Ultimate

I've had a mixed experience with Limera1n since running it last night.

Phone locks up completely when moving between tracks in the iPod App - resulting in me having to do the old "Hold down Home and Power until it power cycles" trick.

It also locks up completely when you get the SMS pop-up whilst listening to music.

Also noticed that at some points the touchscreen is either very laggy to respond or it doesn't respond at all.

When I first synced all my music back onto the device (installing Apps and Cydia stuff went without problems) - I was having all sorts of issues. Mainly getting the following errors in iTunes popup halfway through the music syncing procedure:

"The phone [my iPhone's name] cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (13014)."

And more worryingly:

"The iPhone cannot be synced. The required disk cannot be found."
    After iTunes attempts to sync again I get a different message that said
    "The iPhone cannot be synced. An error occurred while writing to the device."

Eventually after a couple of tries it seemed to have gone through ok.

Finally - it's extremely slow to reboot (the time it takes to go into the full operational mode from the Apple Logo appearing can be 3 or 4 minutes at times).

I'm going to do a Full Rebuild (reload 4.1) then JB using the new RC version of Limera1n, and then a Restore from Backup. Will report back with findings soon enough.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm no pro, but it it's my understanding that restoring from a backup is one of the ways to carry problems over from jailbreak/update to jailbreak update. Always set up as a new iPhone, see the guides.

Thanks

There is a thread on this called "bugs so far"