Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MiTime for FaceTime on 4.1 wont work

Default MiTime for FaceTime on 4.1 wont work
    it wont go to the gui so i can activate it just autimatically says activating. WHAT DO I DO!!!

PS I AM ON TMOBILE

cant change carrier 8 to 7 how do i do this?

What repo is mitime on anyway I have tmobile too and have never used facetime before - iPhone 4 4.1fw.

the mitime repo is

cydia.pushfix.info

SOMEONE HELPPPP PLEASE FIX THIS FOR US!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to puppyskullz For This Useful Post:

sixbuilding (2010-10-12)

Go to pushfixes twitter, he says right there that's it's not working right now. Be patient, he's fixing it as we speak, apple changed the way FaceTime works so it messed up mitime

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

puppyskullz (2010-10-12)

I never got to use facetime before on tmobile but do any of you guys knows if i use 3g unrestrictor or facebreak to use facetime on the 3g network will i be charged for international text messages ? or is it best to only use facetime on wifi (mitime) to avoid to such charges?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I used facebreak. Just have to make sure wifi is turned on (but you don't have to be connected to a wifi network). At least thats what worked for me. Then again I'm on AT&T dunno if that makes a difference.

FaceTime over 3G is not compatible with tmobile USA, it can only use edge which is not a consistent connection and will likely never connect, and if u get lucky and It does connect, it will be very choppy. Edge is too slow for FaceTime

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

sixbuilding (2010-10-12)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Ah, that makes sense. I forgot about that aspect, haven't been with T-Mobile for a month now and I forgot lol. What threw me off is I read a thread some time ago about somebody getting FaceTime to work on T-Mobile but it must've been over WIFI. yep it all makes sense now.

ooo thanks guy i got the unlimited smartphone data package for tmobile so i thought that would be strong enough to use facetime without wifi thanks guys but if there is any update in this please share

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

works for me.............. 4.1 iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by sami4021 View Post
    works for me.............. 4.1 iphone 4
    are you on tmobile?

------

i used to use it over edge and it worked just fine but then updated so i could facetime with my GFs iPod and now im FLUCKED
    Last edited by puppyskullz; 2010-10-12 at 06:51 AM.

i read from another forum that
    ------
    It's only once man. You need to be able to send/receive International Message ONCE to activate FaceTime via MiTime. It's documented on pushfix.info so read up. If that doesn't satisfy you there are also YouTube tutorials.

And let me say it again, from what I understand now (since 4.1 MiTime is broken still), it doesn't use international sms anymore. Being able to accept/send International SMS was solely for activating MiTime. The process will change now according to PushFix (based on his twitter status). He is now trying to use the e-mail activation process (jumping pass the whole international SMS activation process).

So wait until he gives us another status update.
    ------

jus wanted to share since you guys helped me out as well

After the international activation he updated it so it sends an SMS to a USA number if ur in the USA, u only need to receive and international text which is free. That number he used seems to have problems now, and on top of that, apple changed the way FaceTime activation works so that messed up mitime..I hope the email activation works, it would make things so much easier..but he did say that's it's more complicated than he expected

Quote Originally Posted by puppyskullz View Post
    i used to use it over edge and it worked just fine but then updated so i could facetime with my GFs iPod and now im FLUCKED
    Ur lucky, my edge disconnects everytime I make a call, so I can use it over edge if I make a direct FaceTime call, and even then it only connected once and it was like 0.5fps lol
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-10-12 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost