Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions many would like to know

Default Questions many would like to know
    Hi everyone I am new to the forums but I have read many threads I have some questions that I am dying to have the answers for.

What is shsh? What does it do?

I am on 02.10.04 model firmware I updated to 4.1os via iTunes. Am I still eligible for an unlock even tho I am with my contract ?

If I jailbreak my phone and there are problems with it. Is there anyway I can go back to the original way my phone was?

Thanks for your patience as I am quite a novice with the iPhone details !

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The answer to the other to are:
    Since u are on the new baseband you will have to wait to see if a new unlock is released. So currently you are not able to unlock. If you are outside the USA your carrier MAY unlock your phone for you, but this is up to the carrier to decide.
    Secondly you can return your phone to prejailbroken state any time you like by doing a restore in iTunes. If you wish to return to a firmware that apple is no longer signing then you must have the shsh for that firmware.

Just so you know all this info us easily found by running a search. ^_^

Ok thanks...
    I guess i dont need to save the model firmware then eh? since its the newest one anyway

And a smart thing to do right now is to jailbreak the phone right? cuz i need full angry birds version!

Quote Originally Posted by On99 View Post
    Ok thanks...
    I guess i dont need to save the model firmware then eh? since its the newest one anyway

And a smart thing to do right now is to jailbreak the phone right? cuz i need full angry birds version!
    If your talking about stealing the full version through ********** then dont bother jailbreaking if thats all you need it for.. These people work hard to have their stuff stolen in the end

Isnt that the whole point of jailbreaking? i thought it was to get free apps instead of buying them?

No just 3rd party apps.. I didnt mean to come off rude my apologies.. Stuff through cydia.. ********** is frowned upon..

See we cant even mention the name of the app you use to do it.. Its blocked
    Last edited by DevouredDreams; 2010-10-11 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Jailbreaking is meant to have the freedom to add themes, install apps that arent allowed into the AppStore, and make tweaks to make your phone more useful to you. Warez discussion isnt allowed here at MMi, so lets keep it out of the discussion. BTW, welcome to MMi!