Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Proximity sensor goes out after restore

Thanks

Default Proximity sensor goes out after restore
    I got my iPhone4 (4.1) today and been having minor problems. The proximity sensor works until I restore a b/u from my 3g 3.1.3 jb w/sn0wbreeze. I restored factory as new phone for functionality but I need my contacts, texts, notes, etc... Is there any way to pull a problem free backup from my 3g? or a way to extract the info [from 3g] to import to my 4?

EDIT: no idea? figured this would easy. can i not shsh into the 3g, pull the data, jb the 4 (now that its out), then shsh info into the 4?
    Last edited by bblaser68; 2010-10-10 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

OK, lets try this, IRONING (searching) nope, HOUSE WORK (searching) nothing , LAUNDRY (searching) zip ,So much for the slogan "THERE IS AN APP FOR THAT"

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You're lucky. The proximity sensor on my i4 is **** no matter what I do. Anywho, if the filesystem is the same, I don't know if it is, then yes you can just copy over the files. They're located in /var/mobile/Library/xyz where xyz can be AddressBook, SMS etc. Just remember to note down the file permissions and ownership so they're the same before and after the copy.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.