Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What should I use Greenpois0n or limera1n?

Default What should I use Greenpois0n or limera1n?
    I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1. Its already unlocked through AT&T. I don't know which jailbreak to use to jailbreak. Which one is better, untethered, simpler, has more features, and generally better. Blackra1n was pretty simple to use, bit I think it was tethered. Greenpois0n seems very popular too. What do you guys think?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

GP, just because it is made for the A4 chip specifically

wait until they both come out and read thru the forums to figure out what works better.. anyone telling you differently is just speculating

What do u mean already unlocked through AT&T?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    GP, just because it is made for the A4 chip specifically
    I'll be using Greenpois0n for my iPhone 4, for this reason among many others. I think it'll be more reliable etc too

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    What do u mean already unlocked through AT&T?
    I think he means it works on AT&T, he doesn't understand what "unlocked" means in this case

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't think either exploit is better than the other. They both achieve what they're meant to.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I don't believe whichever exploit is better than the other, I agree that they both achieve the same goal; what I am after is a stable and not so buggy tool. I know GeoHotz released a beta that is known to be a little buggy just to not fulfill consumer joy but push the chronic dev team to "do the right thing". I'm willing to wait for the dev team's work, because I know it will be a clean and stable tool once released

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    I know GeoHotz released a beta that is known to be a little buggy just to not fulfill consumer joy but push the chronic dev team to "do the right thing". I'm willing to wait for the dev team's work, because I know it will be a clean and stable tool once released
    I agree especially on this part. It might look bad that geohot released, but to be honest, Chronic kinda needed that push so they'd, as you put it, did the right thing. What was best for us end users in the long run.

Personally, I'm waiting until the new pwnagetool is released. Much more stable and because I like to know that I always have a working custom firmware I can restore to should anything happen to my phone.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Pwnage Tool is nice and I have always wanted to use it, but can't because I am a windows user.

Am I missing something? What exactly was GeoHot trying to get the Chronic Dev Team to do?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Dunno. Maybe for them to use his exploit so all other devices can jb besides those with A4? Just a guess, I'm probably completely wrong tho.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

i think he was basically getting back at everyone for putting him down a couple months ago...amazing how fast people run back though haha... he also managed to put the Dev Team in an awkward position...if they release tomorrow with a different exploit apple can block both in one update, but theirs may be more stable than his...ive heard rumors that they are rebuilding their whole thing to work around geohot's expoit because they don't want to have to use a different one...pure speculation at the moment, so the answer to the OP is to wait and see how this fiasco plays out
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

JB'd with limera1n iP4 4.1 new baseband, no probs.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I think his point was to force his exploit to be the one released now and SHAtter to be held back until the next gen devices get released.

It makes sense as his works on older devices. A 3GS exploit won't be as attractive when the i5 is out, since by then, the 3GS will be an old'ish phone.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm using limera1n and I havnt hit a problem yet.. I wouldn't advise waiting for greenpois0n there's very little point as far as I can see, especially as Geohot has been rapidly updating Ra1n to fix any bugs that have come to light, it's already at RC3!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just to add, I've now tried limera1n on my i4 as well and it worked just fine. Still intend on using pwnagetool when it's released though.

Thanks

theres ups and downs all over the board today but im gonna sit tight and wait for green, then see my options...not really hungry for HDR or gamecenter yet,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    theres ups and downs all over the board today but im gonna sit tight and wait for green, then see my options...not really hungry for HDR or gamecenter yet,
    Most of the downs that I've seen are more 4.1 related than jailbreak method related. people have said ispazio wont update, but it hasn't updated on my phone for a few days. Modmyi not getting added with cydia, that's been going on for about a week, blkcadi had an issue with it and had to install it via ssh. The rest has been mostly app compatability.