Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4.0.2 Jailbreak

Default Iphone 4.0.2 Jailbreak
    Bit of advice people.

Im waiting for the Greenpois0n or Limera1n jailbreak to come out tomorrow and monday, am i better to upgrade to 4.1 or leave it on 4.0.2 to jailbreak?

Thanks ppl

RyanM

Upgrade to 4.1 with tinyumbrella to save ur baseband if u need unlock. If not, just update with iTunes

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tinyumbrella is only used to retrieve shsh files from cydia. and to force a donwgrade or restore via sauriks server the only tool that preserves your baseband is the pwnage tool from the dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by DeL1873 View Post
    Tinyumbrella is only used to retrieve shsh files from cydia. and to force a donwgrade or restore via sauriks server the only tool that preserves your baseband is the pwnage tool from the dev team.
    No. If u restore to 4.1 using tinyumbrella it will save ur baseband because tinyumbrella doesn't have the signature for the baseband update from apple so apple will not allow it.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

For the iPhone 4, the TSS server running will preserve the baseband during the restore. Waleed is correct

Sn0wbreeze will also preserve baseband for devices eligible to use, FYI
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-09 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi guys I'm on 4.0.1 jailbroken using jailbreakme, I know you must get a lot of daft questions I just want to know how do I upgrade to other versions like 4.1or4.2? Is there a step by step guide anywhere I'm all new to this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Waleed is correct
    =D

Quote Originally Posted by Greenrabbit View Post
    Hi guys I'm on 4.0.1 jailbroken using jailbreakme, I know you must get a lot of daft questions I just want to know how do I upgrade to other versions like 4.1or4.2? Is there a step by step guide anywhere I'mE all new to this

Thanks
    Just download tinyumbrella and run the tss server. Then go to iTunes and shift+restore to version 4.1. You will have to download a 4.1 ipsw first. The jailbreak for 4.1 is being released tomorrow, so just wait till then to do it. Same goes for 4.2 when it's released. Just
    make sure it's jailbreakable before u do it. Also, thanks for not making a new thread on this =D
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-10-09 at 06:29 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenrabbit View Post
    Hi guys I'm on 4.0.1 jailbroken using jailbreakme, I know you must get a lot of daft questions I just want to know how do I upgrade to other versions like 4.1or4.2? Is there a step by step guide anywhere I'm all new to this

Thanks
    Since you're already jailbroken, I'd hold off until an updated pwnagetool is released if I were you. That way you also make sure nothing bad happens to the phone (TU or limera1n messing up).
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Thanks guys for you help and wise words