Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Animated wallpaper

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Default Animated wallpaper
    Hi all

Just a quick one. Does anyone know if you can put animated wallpaper on your iPhone. I don't mean video wall paper. I know that some phones use .gif but bot sure if the iPhone does this or something similar. If anyone could point me in the right direction please

Thanks
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm also keen to know this. I've saw a few people with animated backgrounds and always wonder how it's done!

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    I'm also keen to know this. I've saw a few people with animated backgrounds and always wonder how it's done!
    Any chance that ANYONE knows ????

Its called vWallpaper and be downloaded by adding this repo:
    http://i.danstaface.net/deb/

Once you download it open the app and download a video wallpaper and set it as your background. Your wallpaper is now a animated wallpaper instead of a static wallpaper.
    It does cause battery drain and might slow down your device but I haven't experienced anything, even DinoD7 uses it and made a video about it

Thanks

I have used vWallpaper but it does not work with my current theme (G.O.C. PRO)

Its a good app for animated wallpapers.
    Like Turismo said it does drain more power from your battery but on my iPhone4 i dont notice it slowing down my device, maybe its because the i4 has more ram than the 3G[S]

I've tried using .gif images as wallpapers & they dont seem to work properly if at all.
    Last edited by Skunkie-71; 2010-10-11 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Correcting spelling mistakes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turismo View Post
    Its called vWallpaper and be downloaded by adding this repo:
    http://i.danstaface.net/deb/

Once you download it open the app and download a video wallpaper and set it as your background. Your wallpaper is now a animated wallpaper instead of a static wallpaper.
    It does cause battery drain and might slow down your device but I haven't experienced anything, even DinoD7 uses it and made a video about it
    I used V wallpaper on my 3GS but took it off because of battery drain. and the fact i could not find what i wanted as a Wallpaper.

i have ssen the wallpaper i want as a gif (spinning football crest)is there anyway to make this into a Video and put it on to v.Wallpaper ??

Do i need to ssh into my phone if so where would i put the video i created and whts the best tool to ssh now (not done it for a long time)

Thnaks