Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! Qucik please on reset issue

Default HELP!!! Qucik please on reset issue
    I just sold my 3gs now that the IP4 is ready to be JB. I went into setting and did a reset the phone to erase all media and phone numbers and now its locked in the apple screen. How long does this take or did I f&*( it up. The guy i sold it to needs it in an hour. Powering it off and on does nothing. Holting the home and power at the same time only cycles it off and back on - I cant even get into the restore.

Quote Originally Posted by jetnjester View Post
    I just sold my 3gs now that the IP4 is ready to be JB. I went into setting and did a reset the phone to erase all media and phone numbers and now its locked in the apple screen. How long does this take or did I f&*( it up. The guy i sold it to needs it in an hour. Powering it off and on does nothing. Holting the home and power at the same time only cycles it off and back on - I cant even get into the restore.
    Yep you screwed yourself, NEVER enter the Reset area, you will only see problems, at this point you have to restore it

I hope your shsh blobs are saved for the firmware it was on if so then you can use tinyUmbrella and restore it to the same firmware

if not then u might be able to open TinyUmbrella and save them at this point BEFORE you restore else you have to update it to 4.1

What you should had done:
    Enter Cydia
    Download a free app called contacts erase or something like that and then delete them email and text messages and notes and other stuff manually

Next time come here and ask questions, most of us respond quickly, then proceed, we have alittle more experience, there was another post just like this 2-4 days ago

Thanks I usually sit back and read and read without chiming in. But I cannot even get to the restore on it. I do have my shsh blobs saved but I think it became a brick since it wont do anything now. the apply had a circlular "working" icon a bit ago but that is gone and only the apple is there still

There is hope for you go find the thread labeled "Dead 3GS"
    The last person commented on it 10/6/10 or close to that date

EDIT: post questions 4 this in that thread, there is an admin that knows a ton in that thread especially for this topic

Ahh the guy still paid me for it... i guess it is his problem now

Quote Originally Posted by jetnjester View Post
    Ahh the guy still paid me for it... i guess it is his problem now
    If he calls and complains the jailbreak comes out on 10/11/10