Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: greenpois0n coming this sunday!!

Default greenpois0n coming this sunday!!
    Its been announced that they will release it on 10/10/10 at 10:10:10AM

Where's the source

cool, I'd beleive it, lets hope so, just read a tweet that says be patient , a few more days..

epic timing 10/10/10 10:10:10 !!!!!
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

GMT..what the f*** does that mean for EST? An hour early?
    =D

Default A small navigation lesson.
    GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time. Greenwich is the town in England where the 0 degree Longitude line runs. We, on the east coast of the US, are 5 hours different...one hour for each 15 degrees of longitude...unless we have tampered with nature's time with DayLight savings time, in which case, we are 4 hours off. In case you are still confused, when it is 10AM in Greenwich (1000 GMT), it will either be 5 hours earlier here, or 5AM EST (GMT-5), or, in our particular case, since we are still on EDT (GMT-4), 6AM.

All that said, the fellow who said 10:10:10 on 10/10/10 was probably just spoofing about the GMT part. (Or not).
    Last edited by RetiredBilly; 2010-10-07 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredBilly View Post
    GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time. Greenwich is the town in England where the 0 degree Longitude line runs. We, on the east coast of the US, are 5 hours different...one hour for each 15 degrees of longitude...unless we have tampered with nature's time with DayLight savings time, in which case, we are 4 hours off. In case you are still confused, when it is 10AM in Greenwich (1000 GMT), it will either be 5 hours earlier here, or 5AM EST (GMT-5), or, in our particular case, since we are still on EDT (GMT-4), 6AM.

All that said, the fellow who said 10:10:10 on 10/10/10 was probably just spoofing about the GMT part. (Or not).
    can also stand for general mountain time

Not really. By International convention, Capital Letter GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time.

Note: The term 'General Mountain Time' is not used with reference to North American time zones. 'GMT' stands for Greenwich Mean Time, NOT General Mountain Time, as some have mis-understood it!

or ..Greenpois0n Me Today!!

Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Lol. Well if it is gmt then I get it 5 hours earlier than expected..but probably not..where does the chronic dev team live anyway? West coast of USA?

Greenwich isn't a 'town' its an area of London where the time meridian 0 runs through

...CDT have dropped a bombshell!
    Despite previous claims that SHAtter/Greenpois0n will jailbreak ALL iDevices...there will be no support below iPhone 4!
    Nice of 'em to leave it until the last moment eh?

The only upside is that comex is said to working on a userland JB for 3G/3GS...but there's no ETA as to when that drops.

Back to the waiting game...

I saw a tweet from comex saying that he would like to make something but he's not currently working on anything... I hope he is though