Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is the chronic dev team delaying to stay in the spotlight?

Default Is the chronic dev team delaying to stay in the spotlight?
    I don't know, I'm just having a hard time thinking they have the proper skills to do this. Sure they found exploits but they never released a tool before after all.

Devs, even if they don't give ETA, can at least estimate or give us progress updates. Their excuse is that "a progress update would be so technical that it would be too hard to understand". BS.

I don't know maybe they're doing all this to stay in the spotlight for as long as possible and get more hits on their website? Think about it, if they release the jailbreak tool we'll hear about them for a week and everyone will forget about them after that.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks

Or maybe they are a diversion from the real group so people will bother them while the real group gets to work worry free

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Or maybe they are a diversion from the real group so people will bother them while the real group gets to work worry free
    If this was the case, I'd expect the 'real group' to have the jailbreak finished long ago since the exploit was discovered weeks ago. But anyway, I don't understand what's taking so long with this one anyway.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Green Apple
    Thanks

The Devs have been in the spotlight since the first JB. They've created many tools (pwnage tool, redsnow, ultrasnow

Just be patient, ya bunch of noobs, dumbasses
    Last edited by juiceguy; 2010-10-07 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juiceguy View Post
    The Devs have been in the spotlight since the first JB. They've created many tools (pwnage tool, redsnow, ultrasnow

Just be patient, ya bunch of noobs, dumbasses
    We are talking about the Chronic Dev Team, not the Dev Team (iPhone_dev). You sir are the noob.

Yeah, stay in the spotlight so more pushy, self deserving, people can whine about not having a jailbreak and slow the process even more. Or maybe rush to a release, so more people can whine that their devices are messed up and can't believe anyone would release buggy software. Hmm...

How about grab a book and learn to code while patiently sitting back and waiting for a stable release?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VonSwanko For This Useful Post:

stlcaddie (2010-10-07)

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    If this was the case, I'd expect the 'real group' to have the jailbreak finished long ago since the exploit was discovered weeks ago. But anyway, I don't understand what's taking so long with this one anyway.
    What do you mean you EXPECT it to b finished long ago? Do you have any idea what making an exploit into a working bug free jailbreak tool involves? The reason they're taking so long is because it needs to ****ing work!! If they just chucked it out a few days after finding the exploit, the amount of people complaining about issues, bugs, bricked iPhones etc would be ridiculous!!!!
    I respect them for taking their time with it and so should you! Have a little respect and stop being so impatient!!
    At the end of the day all you have to ask yourself what would you rather have?
    1. A working, bug free jailbreak..
    2. A piece of shut that messes with your phone and breaks apps/functions and is overall completely useless..

I think we all know which one is the answer

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Thanks

They just need to charge people for the jailbreaks, I'd pay without complaints.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you please get yourself banned again? I hate you.

Thanks

I have a REAL good feeling..........Hmmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    What do you mean you EXPECT it to b finished long ago? Do you have any idea what making an exploit into a working bug free jailbreak tool involves? The reason they're taking so long is because it needs to ****ing work!! If they just chucked it out a few days after finding the exploit, the amount of people complaining about issues, bugs, bricked iPhones etc would be ridiculous!!!!
    I respect them for taking their time with it and so should you! Have a little respect and stop being so impatient!!
    2. A piece of shut that messes with your phone and breaks apps/functions and is overall completely useless..

I thought jailbreaking was root access to the system. They've dne that, we even have a video of it with cydia installed and running. Don't really know what bugs can come out of that...

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Can you please get yourself banned again? I hate you.
    You hate me because you got wet believing the jailbreak was out but then got rickrolled? Seriously you uptight apple fanboys annoy me and I'm glad I'm making you angry. I love my iPhone and bought all of them since the 2G but I'm not emotionally attached to them or apple which you clearly are if you get offended that easily.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 2010-10-07 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    I thought jailbreaking was root access to the system. They've dne that, we even have a video of it with cydia installed and running. Don't really know what bugs can come out of that...

You hate me because you were so happy that you got wet but then you got rickrolled? Seriously you uptight apple fanboys annoy me and I'm glad I'm making you angry. I love my iPhone and bought all of them since the 2G but I'm not emotionally attached to them or apple which you clearly are if you get offended that easily.
    Lol the way they need to implement stuff can easily break links etc..
    Just as an example let's take a working bug free jailbreak, Redsn0w.. Then let's add a new firmware, 4.1.. Add the two together and you get several bugs including no phone app, no wifi, choppy network, broken links to YouTube from other apps and the list goes ON AND ON! there is so much that can go wrong, you just need to be patient, make a jailbreak YOURSELF or just f*** off!!!

And jailbreaking isn't just root access, they also need to get cydia working again as some of the files/code it would have previously called may have changed name, location or not even exist!!
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 2010-10-07 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lol the way they need to implement stuff can easily break links etc..
    Just as an example let's take a working bug free jailbreak, Redsn0w.. Then let's add a new firmware, 4.1.. Add the two together and you get several bugs including no phone app, no wifi, choppy network, broken links to YouTube from other apps and the list goes ON AND ON! there is so much that can go wrong, you just need to be patient, make a jailbreak YOURSELF or just f*** off!!!

And jailbreaking isn't just root access, they also need to get cydia working again as some of the files/code it would have previously called may have changed name, location or not even exist!!
    That first part didnt make sense at all. You're basically saying that once you jailbreak, nothing works? Lol. You don't know jackshit about coding as 99% of people here and are trying to sound smart, please stfu.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks

Wen did I say nothing works? And I don't know everything but I do know a decent amount about prgramming, after all I am doing programming at college so up yours

Thanks

Hmm, you need to calm down buddy. This is what I meant: Going by what z3r01 said - he was joking and said maybe Chronic are in the spotlight, and there is infact another team working on the jailbreak. Which means Chronic would deal with all the people moaning and asking for updates etc, while leaving the other team in peace to make the jailbreak. If this was the case, then yes I'd expect it to be made already since the other team would have no distractions from the public or anything else. Please read posts carefully before you start flaming people for wrong reasons.

Stop fighting

I thought jailbreaking was root access to the system.

Seriously you uptight apple fanboys annoy me and I'm glad I'm making you angry.
    Being an apple fanboy is completely irrelevant, apple is against the jailbreak. Also, there's more to it than just gaining root access, have u never heard of all the bugs that have happened with jailbreaks? Mobilesubtrate is one example..
    I do think that they're taking longer than expected but I don't think it has anything to do with spotlight..I mean if they wanted fame then they why not just start charging $$ for the jailbreaks. Anyways it makes no difference for us anyway so why worry

Green Apple
    Thanks

My mistake, you ARE talking about the Chronic Dev Team, the team that doesn't matter, the team that brings you FAKE JBs. Please excuse me, for I have wasted MY time commenting on irrelevant ****.
    And no, I'm far from a noob, *****

Thanks

I'm not even talking to you "Funked" I was talking to the arrogant ****
    And here's that word again "EXPECT" how can you expect anything? It takes as long as it takes

And I'm not an apple fan boy, I have a pc! The only thing I have which is apple is my two phones!
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 2010-10-07 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

You hate me because you got wet believing the jailbreak was out but then got rickrolled? Seriously you uptight apple fanboys annoy me and I'm glad I'm making you angry. I love my iPhone and bought all of them since the 2G but I'm not emotionally attached to them or apple which you clearly are if you get offended that easily.
    I've hated you ever since you tried to defend Jody sanders. Your credibility was lost long before your failed Rick roll attempt so I didn't believe it for a moment. Keep trolin'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast