Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck On Black Screen????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stuck On Black Screen????
    Hi i have the iphone 3gs on 3.1.3 after trying to upgrade to custom firmware 4.1 it is stuck on a black screen. When i plug it into itune it says iphone detected in recovery mode you must restore.... I tried hold shif and select my custom firmware after loading could not restore error 1600, i tried the same thing using the 4.1 firmware and my iphone went onto a white screen for 10-15 seconds then cant be restored error 28. After hours of searching videos and pages i still havent had any luck
    I have tried...
    1)Hold home and power for 10sec then just home for 10sec - nothing just reloads on itunes back to square 1.
    2)I tried RecBoot and exit recovery - nothing at all.
    3)TinyUmbrella - also nothing at all.
    The only thing i can think of is downgrade back to 3.1.3 which i am going to try next.
    I anyone has had this problem and has solved it could you please tell me Thanks

After about 6 hours 2 computers and 3 iphone cables i have fixed the black screen . Im not too sure how i did it because i tried that many different things i had downloaded the 4.1, 4.0, 3.1.3 and a custom firmware and it finaly worked when i did a shift restore on itunes 10 with the 3.1.3 firmware it may of taken a couple of goes because i tried each more than once in different orders. I hope this helps and saves people time who get or have the same problems. Also i got 4 or 5 different error code like 28, 1600, 1604, 2003 and mabey somemore. Hope this helps
    Last edited by lew90; 2010-10-06 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

28 is usually indicative of hardware failure. This may be a sign of problems to come...
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter