Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screen Lock LOOP !!!

Angry Screen Lock LOOP !!!
    First of all I cannot understand how this expensive piece of hardware can give so many and different kind of troubles. After solving last week the problem of Iphone won't turn ON. Now I come across a new (and more annoying) issue. Since yesterday, and out of the blue my Iphone keeps looping every 10 seconds from Lock Screen to standby, to show the battery to Lock screen again. All this with the FREAKING "blint-blint" sound. So here I am listening the damn chime every 10 seconds. I read other post and tried turn off; reset; reboot... nothing seems to cut the process EXCEPT, when I plug the phone to the WALL or CAR CHARGER, then it becomes quiet. I have to say that every function work. (e.g. Listening to an online radio, making a call) the only difference is if it is plug to a power source the chime is not showing up, but if it is unplugged... THE FREAKING CHIME KNOWS HOW TO BE THE BE A REALLY PAIN IN THE BUTT!!!!!!!!
    Any one that knows how to get rid of this %@#$#$??
    Thank you.

Oh, shut up, I hear you!!... (damn phone)...

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Thanks

That bleeping isn't normal...I would restore and get a new one , could be hardware issue

It's acting like when you are connecting and disconnecting the phone from a power source.. only different is that IT IS NOT plug to a power source. I have read in other forum that maybe some pin in the connection port is making a shortcut (but suddenly after a year this happens). Clean with alcohol. I tried but nothing different. I'll try again with smaller object to reach the inside better. Again, why is not happening when plugging to a power source?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Best choice would be a restore
    If that doesn't fix then it's a hardware problem

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Restore will imply to unlock and jailbreak again... the whole process. I prefer to find the problem and fix it rather that to take drastic measures right away.
    Still, if someone had this problem before I'm open to suggestions!!!