Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Crazy battery drain!

Default Crazy battery drain!
    Hey guys, i'm on 4.0.1 JB
    The problem is, with certain themes (generally only the ones with a live wallpaper) my battery drains like crazy even in standby, for example i'm currently using the windows 7 beta theme which can be found here
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...phone-4-a.html
    Even when locked, the phone drains about 1% every 3 minutes, where as standard theme uses about 1% or less per hour, has this something to do with the moving wallpaper? is it running in the background perhaps? i'm clueless
    I've also disabled wifi etc, any help would be greatly appreciated

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

the moving wallpaper is a HUGE drain. you will probably notice your scrolling is lagging too. get rid of it. not worth the oohs and ahhs from envious people.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

i noticed backgrounder is also a huge battery drain even without anything backgrounded.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Actually that's not possible. Backgrounder is a mobile substrate plug-in which does not have a daemon or take up a single CPU cycle. It serves no function in and of itself... it adds functionality by allowing other apps to run.

Thanks for the responses, I understand moving wallpapers would be a huge drain, but is there any reason why it drains when it's locked at the same speed as if I were watching videos?
    I mean it literally only takes about an hour for that theme to completely drain my phone without it even being used once