Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anybody find a fix for FaceTime freezing on 3g

Default Anybody find a fix for FaceTime freezing on 3g
    I was finally able to activate FaceTime on my JB and ultrasn0w ip4.

Facetime works perfect on wifi.

However, I installed My3G and FaceTime freezes after 1 minute on wifi or 3g.

If I turn My3G off, FaceTime works with no problem again on wifi.

Been reading alot about this issue in many forums but nobody seems to have figure it out yet.

I had this issue, I un-installed my3g, and installed iphonedelivery app. Tried FaceTime it fail, un-installed iphonedelivery app. Rebooted installed iphonedelivery app, re-installed my3g. It worked perfect for me. It annoying and takes some time, but it worked out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickaroni22 For This Useful Post:

allanes5 (2010-10-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    I had this issue, I un-installed my3g, and installed iphonedelivery app. Tried FaceTime it fail, un-installed iphonedelivery app. Rebooted installed iphonedelivery app, re-installed my3g. It worked perfect for me. It annoying and takes some time, but it worked out.
    Thanks for the tip.

I find it weird though that FaceTime freezes at the 1 minute mark give or take a second all the time while My3G is activated, wether on wifi or 3g.

I wrote to the developer but have not received a response.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought this app when it first came out and worked like a charm, then there were some updates to it and it hasnt worked since. FT works for about a minute and then freezes. I have searched forums, sent emails to developers and gotten no responce or help. As far as I am concerned, this app is the biggest peice of crap I have ever had the misfortune to use. What a waste of time, money and effort.
    I had some posters respond and tell me that it is my netwrok. Garbage. Then it was my location, Garbage also.
    Fix this issue or refund all of us our money!!!!

I never had a problem with FT with My3G, occasionally, it stutters, but that's latency.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

My network is the fastest in the country. I wonder if it has anything to do with my firmware. I am still at 4.01