Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reversing Jailbreak

Default Reversing Jailbreak
    Hi. I used Jailbreakme.com to jailbreak my iPhone 4 on version 4.0.1. I'm enjoying the jailbreak, but will want to reverse the jailbreak in order to update to the November iOS update that will have include AirPlay (streaming both music and video directly from the iPhone to the Apple TV).

Is there a proper procedure for reversing my jailbreak so that I don't mess up my iPhone?

Thanks

Restore it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

buechler66 (2010-10-04)

Is there a series of steps I need to take to restore it?

1. Plug into iTunes
    2. Click restore

It's simple

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bchilton9 For This Useful Post:

buechler66 (2010-10-04)

Quote Originally Posted by buechler66 View Post
    Hi. I used Jailbreakme.com to jailbreak my iPhone 4 on version 4.0.1. I'm enjoying the jailbreak, but will want to reverse the jailbreak in order to update to the November iOS update that will have include AirPlay (streaming both music and video directly from the iPhone to the Apple TV).

Is there a proper procedure for reversing my jailbreak so that I don't mess up my iPhone?
    You know, they have announced that Greenp0ison will be released 10/10/10. My suggestion is to wait for it. You are apparently bored and considering preemptively upgrading to 4.1. If you do that, you run the risk of permanently losing the jailbreak ability.

But, if you are determined to shoot yourself in the foot, all you have to do to "reverse" the jailbreak is to do an upgrade over it. When you sign into iTunes, it will prompt you with advice that a newer version of software is available. All you have to do is accept it.