Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Think I know why my facetime is not activating

Default Think I know why my facetime is not activating
    Facetime sends an sms in order to become activated.

I bought my iphone in the US and is sending the sms to this number: +13127723612
    Which I believe is the number AT&T uses to activate facetime.

Since I unlocked my ip4 with ultrasnow and my carrier is Movistar the sms should be sent to this number: +447786205094

How can I change the number the sms is being sent to?

I believe that if I am able to change the number my facetime will become activated.

If you use Movistar the number is set in the carrier bundle +447786205094. To change this number you need to do:
    - patch the file CommCenter to remove signature check.
    - select the right Movistar carrier bundle (12 of them) and edit its carrier.plist

That number is only for AT&T, each carrier has a different activation number. Even though u have an AT&T iPhone, u don't have an AT&T phone number so this will not work. Not only that, but this will also be charged as long distance texting since it's being sent to the US. Whatever problem ur having, changing this number will not fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    That number is only for AT&T, each carrier has a different activation number. Even though u have an AT&T iPhone, u don't have an AT&T phone number so this will not work. Not only that, but this will also be charged as long distance texting since it's being sent to the US. Whatever problem ur having, changing this number will not fix it.
    Movistar is the official ip4 Carrier, which is what I'm on.
    They started selling the phone last Friday and everyone is activating facetime with no problems.

Wouldn't it make sense that if I can change the number my phone is sending the sms to and replace it with the number Movistar uses it should work?

It should already be set to the number that movistar uses (which should be +44 7786 205094). What problem are u having with FaceTime? Did u try taking out the sim and re-inserting?

Quote Originally Posted by aneagle View Post
    If you use Movistar the number is set in the carrier bundle +447786205094. To change this number you need to do:
    - patch the file CommCenter to remove signature check.
    - select the right Movistar carrier bundle (12 of them) and edit its carrier.plist
    I used ifile to see the movistar bundle that corresponds to my carrier which is
    Movistar_ni.bundle.

Also saw on the carrier.plist the number it should be calling:
    <key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>
    <string>+447786205094</string>

Don't know how to make my phone send the sms to this number.
    Don't know how to patch the file CommCenter to remove signature check.
    I know which one is the correct Movistar Carrier Bundle but not sure how to select it and edit its carrier.plist.

Why would I need to edit the carrier.plist? The correct number is already there.

It should already be set to the number that movistar uses (which should be +44 7786 205094). What problem are u having with FaceTime? Did u try taking out the sim and re-inserting?
    Facetime is not activating. It sends the sms to this number +131227723612. If I can get the phone to send the sms to +447786205094 it should get my facetime activated.

I've tried taking the sim out and reinserting, i've also tried rebooting the phone.
    I have a friend who got his ip4 last friday and put his sim in my phone but facetime still does not activate. However, I put my sim in his phone and facetime works perfectly.

So I figure it has to be the number my phone is sending the sms to. If I could change it to the right one facetime should start working.
    Last edited by allanes5; 2010-10-04 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How sure are u that ur phone is sending the SMS to the wrong number? I doubt that this is the case, but If u are 100% sure that ur phone sends an SMS to that 312 number then it means that the wrong carrier bundle is in use, it's using AT&T's carrier bundle. This should be fixed when u re-insert the SIM. You can go to AT&T's carrier bundle in ifile and change that 312 number to the 447 number and see If it works (although I doubt it). If not, go go cydia and add the repo "cydia.pushfix.info" then install mitime. You don't have to buy it, just run the compatibility check and see what it says.

How sure are u that ur phone is sending the SMS to the wrong number? I doubt that this is the case, but If u are 100% sure that ur phone sends an SMS to that 312 number then it means that the wrong carrier bundle is in use, it's using AT&T's carrier bundle. This should be fixed when u re-insert the SIM. You can go to AT&T's carrier bundle in ifile and change that 312 number to the 447 number and see If it works (although I doubt it). If not, go go cydia and add the repo "cydia.pushfix.info" then install mitime. You don't have to buy it, just run the compatibility check and see what it says.
    I am 100% sure the sms is being sent to the 312 number because Ican see it on tne delivery report.
    My phone is using the wrong carrier bundle for this sms only. Everything else is fine.

I have tried pushfix fix. I bought the license and ran the program. @pushfix even told me that mitime will not work with my phone because I am on the official carrier and that mitime is only for unofficial carriers.
    He siad some setting is wrong with my phone. I believe it is the number the sms is being sent to.

I took a picture of the sms delivery report where it shows the 312 number. I don't know how to put it on here. If I knew I would attach it for you to see.

I also went into AT&Ts carrier bundle with ifile to try to change the number but the number the sms is being sent to is not there. The number that's there is:

Which is even an incomplete number.
    Last edited by allanes5; 2010-10-04 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Then I think the only way to fix it is to find which carrier bundle is using that 312 number. My AT&T bundle also shows the 288 bundle so that means ur phone is not using the AT&T bundle, u have find which one it's using

Also, how did u talk to @pushfix? He never responds to me..

Go to var/mobile/library/carrierbundle.bundle. Check the number there
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-10-04 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

He was responding when he came out with mitime.

I asked him to please see a thread I started a couple days ago when I did not know my phone was sending the sms to the wrong number and has't responded either.

Do you think that if I go through the whole list of bundles, especially the ones with numbers only (no names) I should find the 312 number?

First Go to var/mobile/library/carrierbundle.bundle. Check the number there. This should be the bundle that is in use. When u get to the folder, check the name of the bundle at the top

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

allanes5 (2010-10-04)

First Go to var/mobile/library/carrierbundle.bundle. Check the number there. This should be the bundle that is in use. When u get to the folder, check the name of the bundle at the top
    It has the correct bundle, movistar_ni.bu......

Checked the carrier.plist and the number the sms should be being sent to is there:
    +447786205094

But for some reason the sms is getting sent tothe 312 number. I just don't get it!

That's weird..I have no idea where it gets that number from..I guess all u can do is search all the carrier bundles for that 312 number

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

allanes5 (2010-10-04)

I know.
    If you come up with something let me know.
    Thanks for helping me out.

That's weird..I have no idea where it gets that number from..I guess all u can do is search all the carrier bundles for that 312 number
    Just noticed that the number my phone is sending the sms to is the same number that is on @pushfix mitime trouble shooting page.

GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!

The number my phone was dialing was the number being used by mitime.

I removed mitime from my ip4, turned facetime on got ACTIVATED!!!!!!!

I bought this phone because of Facetime and after almost 4 months finally got it to work!!!!!!
    Last edited by allanes5; 2010-10-04 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey I got a factory Unlocked from UK and I got the same problem, but Im using a Central America Simcard TIGO, what did you do ti fix it?
    Last edited by cjaviert; 2010-10-12 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjaviert View Post
    Hey I got a factory Unlocked from UK and I got the same problem, but Im using a Central America Simcard TIGO, what did you do ti fix it?
    If your Carrier is Tigo and you're in Centramerica then I assume you're in Honduras.
    Is Tigo the official iphone carrier?
    I'm in Nicaragua and we have two official iphone carriers, Movistar and Claro. I bought my phone in US locked to AT&T so I had to jailbreak and unlock.

If Tigo is the official iphone carrier Facetime should work. Just make sure you don't have MiTime, My3G or MiWi installed. If you do, remove them all. Go to settings and reset all your network settings after you uninstall any or all those three. Reboot your phone and turn FaceTime on.

If Tigo is not the official iphone carrier you need to jailbreak the phone and install MiTime and follow the directions. MiTime activates FaceTime on non official carriers.

Yoy can also read my other thread for more information to help you.

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...ime-issue.html
    Last edited by allanes5; 2010-10-12 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

we're ,i think, in different situations .. if you are activated thru AT&T which the phone bought from ,and then use userland jailbreakme.com ,then this method works

but can anyone confirm that even not activated thru official sim ,and only hactivated with limerain , still there is a way to pass waitin for activation screen ?

by the way my phone doesnt seem to send a sms at all because my prepaid balance stays the same (but i can send sms to foreign countries ,there is not a problem about it)

a collegue of mine ,using same carrier with me and phone bought from at&t uses facetime with no issues ...he told me that he didnt take any special steps to get it work , he is not a advanced user either , to deal with all these methods... the only difference between us is , he uses 4.0.1 (or 4.0) and jailbreakme.com , i use limerain and 4.1

by the way , the number +447 ... is not spesific to your movistar carrier ,because my turkcell (turkey) carrier plist also shows exactly the same number .. when i change it to +1312 ... nothing changes for facetime , but the way carrier name shows up in the upper left corner changes (it changed to capital letters and scrolls)

that +44 prefix is for united kingdom ,so maybe that gateways are somehow carrier dependent but not different for every country ? i'm really confused

i just want to find out if "in any ways" to get it work =)
    Last edited by sharpbug; 2010-10-12 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I believe everybody exept people who activate in the US uses the + 44 number to activate.
    Activate your sms delivery confirmation to see what number your phone is sending the sms to.

General > messages > delivery report > flash > full screen alert

Now go turn FaceTime off and then on. If it's onn turn off and thenback on.
    In a matter of seconds maybe 30 you should see your iphones sms delivery report and show you the number the sms was sent to.

If u hacktivated with limera1n, u cannot use mitime. Mitime only works if u activated with the official carrier SIM, it's on his website

Quote Originally Posted by allanes5 View Post
    I believe everybody exept people who activate in the US uses the + 44 number to activate.
    Activate your sms delivery confirmation to see what number your phone is sending the sms to.

General > messages > delivery report > flash > full screen alert

Now go turn FaceTime off and then on. If it's onn turn off and thenback on.
    In a matter of seconds maybe 30 you should see your iphones sms delivery report and show you the number the sms was sent to.
    what can i do to solve that issue ? whatever i change i couldnt make ft run , i cant pass waiting activation message (limera1n 4.1 JB , hactivated)