Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Which firmware does new 8GB i3GS ship with? (Answer ASAP)

Default Which firmware does new 8GB i3GS ship with? (Answer ASAP)
    I need an ASAP answer on which firmware and/or baseband new iPhone 3gs 8gb bought from apple ships with? (Bought in the USA)

I said to my neighbors who are in USA (I'm in Sweden) that you can buy a 3GS there and jailbreak and unlock it to use it here in Sweden. But then i read something about the 5.14.02 baseband which you can't unlock (yet), does the new iPhone 3GS ship with that one? If so, then I'm screwed if I can't say to them to turn them back in before she leaves the states

Thanks

I would imagine a brand new phone bought right now will come with 4.1 on it, which does come with the unlockable 5.14.02 baseband.

Yup it's probably unlockable but u can get a used one from the states which can be unlocked

Thanks
    Your best bet is to jump on ebay and get an iphone 3GS or 4 jailbroken and unlocked already. that is the only way to guarantee that you wont get ******.

I have a 3GS 16gb available for sale. Modem ver 5.13.04 and jailbroken on iOS 4.0 and carrier unlocked. SHSH blobs saved 4.0 through 4.1.

Send me a PM if interested. I'll be listing on eBay soon.