Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there EVER going to be an update for Winterboard?

Default Is there EVER going to be an update for Winterboard?
    When is an update coming? Modding the iPhone 4 manually or with the '.app' folders to just far too time consuming.

Thanks

Winterboad works just fine. It's the themes you are using that need to be updated.

Or try turning summerboard mode on in winterboard and see how that works.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-10-03 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Shared artwork cant be themed and i would love to see the Wallpaper.mp4 .videos themes work completly
    Definetly could use work, know any good coders? See if they can assist Saurik

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    Winterboad works just fine. It's the themes you are using that need to be updated.

Or try turning summerboard mode on in winterboard and see how that works.
    Winterboard does not work just fine. Your suggestion of "try turning summerboard mode on in winterboard and see how that works" is an example.

Changing icons on third party apps is an even better example. You can no longer just have an Icons folder and dump everything in there.

There is also the issue of background shadows behind the icons that throws off nearly every theme.

Winterboard is almost useless for theming icons right now. Seeing as that is the prime use for Winterboard, that makes the program in dire need of an update.

Thanks

Yes, you can have just an icons folder and dump everything in there IF you turn on summerboard mode. 90% of the themes out there wont theme icons unless summerboard is turned on and that's how it's always been. As for the icon shadows, if you install iblanks you'll get an option in winterboard to turn off the shadows.

Thanks

Nope. They'll never ever ever update Winterboard!

Probably after the chips fall from the 4.1 and subsequent 4.2 jailbreaks.

Compatibility blah blah blah. Why waste time enhancing 4.0.1, only to have it get broken by 4.1? Especially on a free app!
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Nope. They'll never ever ever update Winterboard!

Probably after the chips fall from the 4.1 and subsequent 4.2 jailbreaks.

Compatibility blah blah blah. Why waste time enhancing 4.0.1, only to have it get broken by 4.1? Especially on a free app!
    I agree it won't get updated before the iphone4 jb is released for 4.1, and my personal opinion is that we won't see a major update before 4.2.. Anything before 4.2 may just be bug fixes to get it working properly on 4.1 as it is, before new features come...
    Basically I'd say for new features you'll be waiting for a 4.2 jb
    I wouldn't say it will NEVER get updated, Saurik is a respectable guy and I can't imagine he'll just stop developing winterboard, especially being ad it's like THE MOST POPULAR THING IN CYDIA

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    Yes, you can have just an icons folder and dump everything in there IF you turn on summerboard mode. 90% of the themes out there wont theme icons unless summerboard is turned on and that's how it's always been. As for the icon shadows, if you install iblanks you'll get an option in winterboard to turn off the shadows.
    That is incorrect.

My Summerboard mode is always turned on. It is set that way by default and I've never had a reason to disable it.

If I dump all the icons in an 'Icons' folder like I used to, my screen ends up looking like this. Again, that is because Winterboard has not been updated and does not know how to properly handle/display the new @2x images which are necessary for proper iPhone 4 themes.

As for the icon shadows, this should be part of the needed Winterboard update. The whole point is to make theming easier and eliminate the manual necessities that currently exist.