Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime Issue

i haven't unlocked or jailbroken the phone yet. what program do you reccomend and is that process relatively safe- also unlock vs jailbreak...which would be better to do
    thanks so much for your help

I'm using 4.0.1 I used jailbreakme.com

Default facetime not working with tigo in Guatemala
    Quote Originally Posted by allanes5 View Post
    Bought my iphone 4 in Miami.
    FaceTime was not working in the beginning. (think started working when Ip4 was launched here)
    Jailbroke with Jailbreake.com.
    Unlocked with Ultrasn0w.
    I tried MiTme but after no success, I chatted with @pushfix and he told me that MiTime will only work with unsupported carriers. It will not work with official cariiers. I live in Nicaragua and we have two official carriers, Movistar and Claro. I ended up thinking FaceTime was not supported here but after the iphone 4s went on sale here I noticed that FaceTime was working... But not on my phone. So I deleted MiTime, reset all network settings and rebooted my phone. I then turned FaceTime on and in about 30 seconds it became activated.

Forgot to mention that I activated my ip4 with the AT&T sim card.

I'm on 4.0.1 (8A306)

Hello, can somebody help me fixing the facetime feature, please? I am in tigo (comcel gsm) network using a limera1n jalibrocken and unlocked 4.0.2 iphone. I tried already the pushfix solution but it only enabled the msm, although it never sent the message just showed the camera icon next to the text area. I tried to reset the settings at the cellular data network as you said but the only thing that happened was that it said that my number would be shared but it keeps saying "waiting for activation".

Thanks for reading

If Guatemala is selling iPhones and you are on the carrier that sells these iphone no matter where you bought your phone, then you are using an iphone official carrier.

Pushfix (MiTime) will not work on official carriers. Remove all these programs because what they do is change the number your phone uses to activate FaceTime.

Quote Originally Posted by allanes5 View Post
    If Guatemala is selling iPhones and you are on the carrier that sells these iphone no matter where you bought your phone, then you are using an iphone official carrier.

Pushfix (MiTime) will not work on official carriers. Remove all these programs because what they do is change the number your phone uses to activate FaceTime.
    thanks for answering! No I bought the iphone in the US and I am using it with mi Tigo - Comcel carrier (un-official) which doesn't sell iphones. I was reading that mitime doesn't support tigo in latin america...

Instructions | MiTime.info

So I was wondering if someone else had a working factime and mms over tigo. Please help me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12