Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wifi issues

Default wifi issues
    hello,
    i was wondering if anyone has had wifi issues? Mine stopped working about a week ago. I can access the internet fine when in 3g mode but when I switch on wifi, safari, cydia and just about anything that needs data access comes to a screeching halt. I've tried everything from resetting the network settings to rebooting the phone. It shows the wifi network and connects to it fine but nothing can connect. When I start Safari, it tries to load the page but after about 30 seconds, Safari shuts down.
    I have a 16 gb 3Gs Jailbroke with Spirit - Version 3.1.3 Firmware 05.12.01 .. I only have about 1 GB of free space left, could that be the issue? I uninstalled Safari Download Manager thinking that maybe it corrupted something with Safari but it still does it.
    I don't want to "upgrade" to 4.1 and lose the Jailbroken functionality but I use the wifi option alot not to mention somethings won't update correctly without it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Scott

I forgot to mention also that when on wifi, I cannot retrieve emails either.

thanks again
    Last edited by tcbendy; 2010-10-02 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried on a different wifi network, or tried connecting something else (like a laptop) to the network?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

yeah .. all the laptops and computers in the house connect fine and I can't connect to any wifi that I come in to. I don't think it's a hardware issue because I can see all the networks that the wifi picks up. And if it's not a secure one, I can connect to it or at least my iphone says it's connected but still can't get on safari, email or anything that has to connect via data.

I don't get it!

thanks for the reply

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

No problem, I'm afraid your best option is to do a restore, make sure you set it up as a new phone, not from backup that should fix it.. I know it's hassle but its easier than trolling round the net trying to find a fix