Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FaceTime Issue....

Default FaceTime Issue....
    I have a iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0, it is jailbroken as well. I can not get FaceTime to work! Is this an issue because of the jailbreak, or is it because I'm not running iOS 4.1?

It's got nothing to do with you not running 4.1, have you tried facetime using your 3g? I had the same problem but i have now fixed the issue and it works for me on wifi and 3g

How did you fix this issue? I can't facetime with wifi or 3G. The people at the Apple store gotta attitude with me.

Hi Nick

The Apple store have got attitude with you bcos ur jailbroken probably they dont like that...lol..

Anyway, I dont know if you also had the problem with no mms? but this is what I did and now its fine.

Download "iphonedelivery" and install...that will get your mms back, then try facetime if it works, great, if it doesnt uninstall "iphonedelivery" reboot your phone, then try again, doing this solved my problem, i have tried and tested mine on wifi and 3g and it now works fine.

good luck

Jacko

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackosback For This Useful Post:

Nickaroni22 (2010-10-03)

Ok I'll try this, I haven't had any luck so far. My mms works fine just not FaceTime. Also do you use My3G?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    Ok I'll try this, I haven't had any luck so far. My mms works fine just not FaceTime. Also do you use My3G?
    Hi Nick,
    yes I use My3g...and all is now working great, remember to install "iphonedelivery" try facetime if it doesn't work un-install >>> re-boot and then try again.

Ok Jacko, I've tried, FaceTime rings one then says failed. I'm using My3G as well, so when I turn FaceTime on in settings does anything supposed to happen? How do I activate FaceTime correctly?

Hi nick
    this happened to me as well at first, what I did was re-install iphonedelivery then try it....no good?.....uninstall iphonedelivery reboot try it......it worked for me....I know its alot of messing around but with a little patients you will get it working, I personally think its something to do with the iphonedelivery app, but it seems that you must install it first try...then uninstall, and from settings turn on facetime. that should work bro.

good luck

Hey Jacko, you seem to have alot better luck than me. When you say install and try it first, do you mean attempt to place a FaceTime call. Or does iphonedelivery app have sone settings I'm unaware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    Hey Jacko, you seem to have alot better luck than me. When you say install and try it first, do you mean attempt to place a FaceTime call. Or does iphonedelivery app have sone settings I'm unaware of.
    yes install iphonedelivery then try to make a facetime call if it fails un-install it, re-boot your phone and then try using wifi

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackosback For This Useful Post:

Nickaroni22 (2010-10-03)

Alright I think I got it, I just gotta wait till my girlfriend or bro gets on a wifi connection. It doesn't fail now when I attempt a call. I hope the jailbreak for 4.1 cleans this up.

Ahhh Congratz bro....seems like it may be alright for you now (fingers crossed)...if your sucessful with wifi...then try your my3g..as regards the 4.1 jailbreak...lol...that will probably bring a whole new load of probz as we have just got around these ones.

Success!!! Just tested it over 3G works perfect. Thanks for tour help man, I appreciate it.

Ur Welcome bro...congratz.