Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch 2G MB Model Downgrade

Thumbs down iPod touch 2G MB Model Downgrade
    Would it possible to downgrade a iPod touch 2G MB Model from 4.1 back to 4.0 without any SHSH blobs saved? The new greenpois0n jailbreak is taking too long and i need a jailbreak. Also i read on p0sixninja's twitter that it would not work on a iPod touch 2G.
    "better check your sources, it doesn't even work on ipt2g" is what he had said. The new redsn0w beta is only out for Mac and it is taking time for the Windows version to get released so i want to downgrade and jailbreak with JailbreakMe.com

Or should i just wait a bit longer for redsn0w for Windows or Greenpois0n?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You should be able to downgrade to 3.1.x without SHSHs. Note that I said you should be able to. For some reason some people with MB models can't do it, even tho they're supposed to be able to.

I speculate it's user error... If you run into any errors during the restore process, run iReb to bypass them.

What about 4.0? Most apps are now compatible with 4.0.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can try a custom firmware to restore to 4.0 with Sn0wbreeze. That way you won't need to use SHSHs. On an MB model it should be fine. You'll need iReb to bypass the errors when restoring to a custom fw.