Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will Apple replace my iPhone?

Default Will Apple replace my iPhone?
    Hi guys,
    I've got an iPhone 3GS and the screen cracked. The top glass screen is cracked and the lcd inside is also broken, the bottom half of the screen doesnt display properly. However the only thing that kind of works is the digitizer or the 'touch' response (but still it doesn't work perfectly all the times).

The backside also has a small crack and a tiny chip near the headphone jack.

I still have warranty till June next year, I was wondering if they would replace it for me for free?

My nearest Apple Store is like 40 miles away and I dont want to travel all the way just to find out they're not gona help me out.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Nope. The warranty covers manufacturer's defects only. Unless you woke up and your iPhone was chipped, cracked and had a shattered screen on it's own, and you can convince Apple of this, you're SOL. You can buy a QUALITY screen replacement + digitizer kit for about $50-$60 and do it yourself. A repair shop or Apple will charge $150+.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Thanks

Snap! Just re-read and saw your LCD is broken as well. I'd just buy a new phone. That's my opinion though. I wouldn't sink $200+ bucks into repairing a used 3Gs. That's nearly half the cash price cost of a 16Gb i4!!!
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Oh right.. damn.. :/

I'm in the UK and just ordered a cheap, knock off version of a full screen, lcd and digitizer replacement kit for about 25. Should be able to do it myself. I'll just sell it privatly, letting the buyer know what I have done to it..

Thank you for your help! Appreciate it!