Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screen protectors and iPhone 4

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Default Screen protectors and iPhone 4
    I'm a huge fan of protecting my iPhone screens, like I'm sure all of you are

I was just curious. When I had my 3G, I always used diff screen protectors depending on my mood. A few months with a matte one, a few months with a clear one, and a few months with a mirror one. They've all looked great and was great in general, especially the mirror and matte ones. The mirror and matte ones I get the inexpensive Amazon 3 or 5 pack ones and they're really fantastic quality.

So what's the problem? Well I noticed on my iP4 that the mirror ones cause an awful rainbow reflect that blinds me, even on low brightness settings. It never happened for my 3G and these protectors are from the same seller. I then am now using a matte one, and it slightly blurs my nice retina display. It's not bad but I notice it. Is this the case for all the matte and mirror protectors on the iP4 cuz of the new retina display? Any of you experience this with your own screen protectors?

I'm not looking for experiences on other screen protectors, just the type I'm talking about

TIA guys!

Thanks

I always used the matte one on my 3G...tried it on my iphone4, but removed it because the retina display looks so much better without it.

i ordered the power support crystal and matte set for my ip4

i initially intended to use the crystal for back and front, which i did. but after living with it for a few weeks, i felt it gave the ip4 a really glossy and cheap look/feel, and left any oil from your fingerprint on the protector and looked weird and gave a rainbow oily pattern in any light

so i plucked up the courage to remove and then try the matte anti glare one on the iphone, i already have the anti glare on the ipad and knew there is slight grain, but am very pleased with the quality and look and feel, but knew it may kill the stunning retina display

however, after installing it, yes, there is slight grain, but i was so much happier with the more textured feel, and the look, it made the iphone screen back to a quality screen and i much prefer it over the PS crystal which is bizarrely slick and cheap gloss looking.

so i am willing to take a slight grain for what has improved my perception of the iphone 5 fold and makes it really nice in moderaate to bright conditions also!!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I agree with both of you, there's a blur/grainy look and it bothered me the first night.

To second you tho Quaddy, it does give a great feel to the screen.

Now let's see how long I can last before I switch to the clear one and get mad that my retina display isn't as crisp as it's supposed to be :P