Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: guys i really need help re FLASHING???

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default guys i really need help re FLASHING???
    ok so my iphone is buggered it is running 4.1 firmware to start with,lol not my choice automatic update!!! but i have now lost the phone icon so cant even use my iphone as a phone!! i have tried to restore via itunes but keep getting the message "itunes was unable to restore this iphone" i have tried switching off the computer etc, so as an end resort i went to the man in my local shopping centre (as there are no apple stores anywere near where i live) and he said a restor must have been disturbed and the phone needs flashing i have never heard of this?? he also wants to charge me 25 quid!! so can i do this myself?? sorry for the essay but i really need help cheers in advance guys im ready with the "thanks" button lol...

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Sounds like you used the old redsn0w on 4.1. You have to put the phone into dfu then restore. iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

BLOAT (2010-09-30)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Sounds like you used the old redsn0w on 4.1. You have to put the phone into dfu then restore. iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode
    mate you are a star all sorted!!! thanks