Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did I Make a Huge Mistake?

Default Did I Make a Huge Mistake?
    Ok so i had an iphone 4 I bought it on launch day. So i waited for a while for the jailbreak to come out. I jailbroke it and didnt upgrade so everything was fine. Well 2 weeks ago i drope my iphone and cracked it a little. I had a friend who bought a brand new one that came with 4.1 So i agreed to trade. He took my jailbroken cracked iphone 4 . I took his brand new 4.1 un jailbroken. Did i make a mistake or did i do good any help would be great....

I also want to add that the crack was very small. It probably would not bother 99% of the world but it did bother me..
    Last edited by ceelo2008; 2010-09-29 at 06:34 PM.

its depends what you think..the jailbreak for 4.1 will be out soon so if you can wait, then you're good.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ceelo2008 View Post
    Ok so i had an iphone 4 I bought it on launch day. So i waited for a while for the jailbreak to come out. I jailbroke it and didnt upgrade so everything was fine. Well 2 weeks ago i drope my iphone and cracked it a little. I had a friend who bought a brand new one that came with 4.1 So i agreed to trade. He took my jailbroken cracked iphone 4 . I took his brand new 4.1 un jailbroken. Did i make a mistake or did i do good any help would be great....
    I would rather have a solid phone that a jailbroke phone any day. JB will be here soon so I wouldn't worry to much.

You sir, made a great deal!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Hm yes it's quite a deal. Just gotta deal with not having a jb for a little while. You'll have your jb eventually while your friend has the jb now. But you have a new phone

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

What???
    You don't know if you got a good deal??
    No offence to your friend, but he must be an idiot to want a cracked, jbed i4 over an unjbed, intact one??
    Surely he can wait a few more weeks for a jbizzle??
    Unless the crack isn't that bad??

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

If the baseband on your 4.1 iPhone is not compatible with the current Ultrasn0w, you made a huge mistake lol.

Thanks

^^ Only if he needs an unlock..

i don't think soo...
    i would've done it too.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    ^^ Only if he needs an unlock..
    And as seeing as he bought it on launch day(prooly from AT&T or Apple), then he's prolly not worried about an unlock..so he's all good.

Deal= Good job on yourt part..lol..as long as you don't need an unlock your all good man. Glad you got a good deal.

Thanks

I would have kept it & bought a Otterbox Defender Case..Ive dropped my 3gs many many times & even accidentally kicked it as it was falling & watched it go tumbling down the driveway..Picked it up thinkin SON OF A *&^^* but good as new not even the rubber of the case was scratched..lol

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Seems like everyone I ask, they all agree that the person receiving a new phone got a good deal and the other who chose to get a jb with a cracked phone made the mistake. Honestly, I can wait for a jb and would rather have a beautiful crackless/scratchless phone and would've never made that trade. OP you got lucky your friend couldn't stand not having a jailbreak immediately :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cid6.7 View Post
    I would have kept it & bought a Otterbox Defender Case..Ive dropped my 3gs many many times & even accidentally kicked it as it was falling & watched it go tumbling down the driveway..Picked it up thinkin SON OF A *&^^* but good as new not even the rubber of the case was scratched..lol
    I lolled at this

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!