Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to save a jailbreak

Default How to save a jailbreak
    Hey guys

I have an iphone 4 that I have jailbroken. However, the unit is defective and is getting replaced tomorrow for a new one. Problem is that the new unit will most likely have the latest software on it. Is there a way I can do something from the old iphone so that when i get my new one I can revert back to the old software and jailbreak the new phone?

if what your saying is ever possible then all your doing is getting a newer outershell/screen ect.
    But if your that desperate, I think there is a tool in Cydia for that and a vid somewhere on the enternet... I've seen it before but it was never important back then BETTER HOPE OTS NOT REMOVED

Nope you can't transfer jailbreaks between iPhones, the next jailbreak should be released soon so you won't be without a jailbreak for too long. If you need an unlock, then it's a longer wait. If it's just jailbreak, check and see if the new iPhone has SHSH's on file, you might get lucky

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LivingRightlie173 View Post
    if what your saying is ever possible then all your doing is getting a newer outershell/screen ect.
    But if your that desperate, I think there is a tool in Cydia for that and a vid somewhere on the enternet... I've seen it before but it was never important back then BETTER HOPE OTS NOT REMOVED
    there is no such tool, the fw will have a specific UDID, plus phone cant be downgraded (to a jailbreakable firmware) without shsh files which he wont have as he doesnt even have the phone yet
    so sorry, but no this is not possible, youll have to wait for gpois0n like the rest of us

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

i don't think it's possible.
    just downgrade with tinyumbrella.