Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iP4 OVERheating

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iP4 OVERheating
    Hi guys just got my iphone 4 32gb from vodafine a couple of days ago.

Luckily i dont have reception issues, but i do have huge overheating problems, especially when i put it on charge. It will literally BURN your hand and im not exagerating. The metal band is just burning hot.

So my question is if i take it back (have 1yr warranty) will they replace my iphone 4 or can they 'take a look at it' and 'fix' it? I prefer they change it and hopefully no reception problems! But just in case it does have reception problems do i have a right to get it replaced AGAIN? maybe there is some policy about it dunno. I dont want a refund, just replaced

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Well, not literally burn your hand, and was exagerating, but my god its very very hot.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

did you Jailbreak it? any recent apps installed?
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Thanks

Nah no jb.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Are you over-charging it? Like all devices, you should use till the battery is near zero then charge it up to full 100% without using the device while it is charging. That keeps the battery in good condition, over-charging (charging continuously after it is at 100% or frequently like before the battery even drops to red percentage) can damage the battery and/or cause overheating.

But if that isn't the case, something is probably wrong with your phone. My phone doesnt get close to being hot, even when charging. Take it to Apple and get another!

Green Apple
    Thanks

My phone overhears sometimes while charging. Should I take it in? However doesn't donut all the time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

overheating is usually caused by wifi or push contantly trying to find a signal. the phone heats up and wastes your battery. could also be due to the iphone 4's POS backgrounding function.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Mine started getting hot charging and would drain the battery overnight in about 5 hours. I ended up updating from 4.0.2 to 4.1 and it has been fine since. The Apple store would not do anything without me first updating the firmware. I had only had the phone for 4 days.