Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 unlocking jailbreak need help

Default iphone 4 unlocking jailbreak need help
    hey...
    m planing to buy a new iphone 4 frm US which will be locked with atnt obviously. as i live in india, how can i unlock it and jailbreak it, i m not geting any activated sim, and how i unlock it without jailbreaking, and for jailbreaking i need it to let me use its net to use jailbreakme to jailbreak..plz help me n tell me how can i unlock it without any sim card..like used to do for iphone 2g...help me asap cz i have to place an order for it in 2 days..thnks..

You can't. If it is a brand new phone the firmware will be to new to jailbreak right now. Jailbreakme.com does not currently work on 4.0.2, 4.1, or 4.2. Also there is no unlock yet for the new modem.

ultrasnow 1.0 now can unlock any baseband and 4.0.x....bt can jailbreakme??i mgoing to order iphone 4 n ill keep 4.0.x in mind bt i dnt i will b able to get to know abt its baseband...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Ultrasn0w cannot unlock the new basebands 2.10.02 or 5.14.xx. You'll have to make sure you are getting a 4.0.2 phone. Sure the jb isn't out yet but when it is, you'll be able to unlock. If it's on 4.1, you're looking at possibly months before a new unlock.

Edit: some iP4 users reported they got their phones with 4.1 and some with 4.0.2. Mine came with 4.0.2 a couple weeks ago. Recently I've seen people getting new iP4 with 4.0.2 but an equal number getting 4.1. Ask AT&T if they could grab one from the back or the oldest one they've got and hope it's on 4.0.2. A lot of the new ones are indeed on 4.1 though. Just depends on your luck I suppose.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-30 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost