Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will the 4.1 jailbreak work on Windows?

Default Will the 4.1 jailbreak work on Windows?
    I have Windows 7 64 bit, iPhone 4 on 4.1. Will the new Shatter/greenpois0n jailbreak work with what I have?

Most likely yes. It will work with windows, just not sure about the 64 bit..if not you can just use another computer

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Most likely yes. It will work with windows, just not sure about the 64 bit..if not you can just use another computer
    Most Windows 7 PCs released this year were 64 bit. It would suck if it didn't work on 64 bit, don't 32 bit programs work on 64 bit anyway? I thought it would be a Mac only jailbreak, since redsnow and pwnagetool is for mac I think.

They're usually released for Mac first but get a windows version a few days later. I think a lot of large programs like Microsoft office have different versions for 64 and 32 bit but small programs like that can probably work on both but idk..try downloading the old redsn0w and see if it runs OK..if yes then you should be good.
    But yea they have both a windows and a Mac version.

They're usually released for Mac first but get a windows version a few days later. I think a lot of large programs like Microsoft office have different versions for 64 and 32 bit but small programs like that can probably work on both but idk..try downloading the old redsn0w and see if it runs OK..if yes then you should be good.
    But yea they have both a windows and a Mac version.
    Why are they releasing Mac first? Windows is more popular. Can't they release both version together?

I think the devolepers use Mac to program the apps so that's why it's released first..then they make a windows version once they're done with that. And considering that the iPhone is an apple product, it's a high probability that a lot of the users are Mac fans. Anyways that's just my guess because that's what happened last time, maybe they will release it together. It's no big deal anyway, only a 3 or 4 day difference. If u waited this long then 4 days more shouldn't be a problem
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-09-28 at 04:01 AM.

I just researched that only the iPhone Dev Team mainly released Mac versions in the past, then maybe a Windows version. But this is being developed by Chronic Dev Team. So I hope its different. Go Windows!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the devolepers use Mac to program the apps so that's why it's released first..then they make a windows version once they're done with that. And considering that the iPhone is an apple product, it's a high probability that a lot of the users are Mac fans. Anyways that's just my guess because that's what happened last time, maybe they will release it together. It's no big deal anyway, only a 3 or 4 day difference. If u waited this long then 4 days more shouldn't be a problem
    "only 3 or 4 days" - That's a pretty long time to some people, considering we have already been waiting weeks for the jb. I really hope it gets a windows release along with mac. They keep saying this jb is special and worth the wait, so I would like to think there will be versions for both windows and mac.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

i thought it only worked with mac?
    because it's not ready for windows yet?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Usually the first release is for Mac (ie PwnageTool) but it doesn't take long for them to get a windows version out. I wish I had a Mac. But I can wait, a jailbreak some time is better than no jailbreak at all.