Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone not saving bookmarks?

Default iPhone not saving bookmarks?
    Does anyone else have a problem with safari not saving any bookmarks after a reboot? Here is my situation: I find a website I like and bookmark it with the "+" icon and then save it in the bookmarks folder. I hit the home button and then turn safari back on to check the bookmark and it's still there. If I reboot the iphone, the bookmark and all other folders I have personally added in the bookmarks folder disappear! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I guess no one else has this issue?
    Last edited by Semper Trader; 2008-03-18 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default bookmark crash
    Hey man, guess we have an identical problem here. In my case, I can no longer bookmark a site. And when an option to add bookmark appears ( the second time I open my safari) There is no Title for the site to bookmark with.

In short my bookmark dont work anymore...

Help appreciated dearly ppl. Tnx

Same problem here.

I had a jailbreaked 1.1.3 that crashed on me and got in recovery mode about 3 weeks ago. I decided it was the right time to upgrade to 1.1.4.

So I plugged my phone in iTunes which recognized it was in recovery mode, I restored and updated to 1.1.4 (choosing to apply the latest backup) and jailbreaked it with ziphone right away. Worked great until.....

I realized that my Google Maps were always coming back to an old search I did (actually it was the last search on Google Maps before upgrading). I thought it was a 1.1.4 bug.

Then I realized that when I opened Safari, it was always coming back to webpages I had just visited before updating. Whatever I do, every time I open Safari, it shows these 2 pages.

Lastly, I recently realized that Safari doesn't save my bookmarks. I save them, restart, the phone and it's gone. If I save an icon to the springboard, then it works. Safari doesn't save the web history either!

So basically, my phone is always stuck to previous settings (maps, web history, web bookmarks) that were when I was still on 1.1.3.

It is very annoying and I have no idea what the problem could be. Maybe that fact that I chose to restore and then use settings from a previous backup???

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks

Hey guys i also had the same problems....So go to installer and download the 1.1.4 safari cookies fix.....im on 1.1.3 and it still worked.....if not let me know and ill look into it A.S.A.P...

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Hey guys i also had the same problems....So go to installer and download the 1.1.4 safari cookies fix.....im on 1.1.3 and it still worked.....if not let me know and ill look into it A.S.A.P...
    Thanks but I'm not even gonna bother trying. I just realized that when I take a picture it doesn't even save it so obviously the problem is bigger than cookies.

Besides I just got a reply to the same thread posted on Everything iPhone and someone suggested that the problem came from the fact I restored from a backup. I guess now I just need to restore again and start from fresh (meaning restore as new phone). Thanks though

Thanks

most of the issues come from the same plist....i would try before i restore all the way...it cant hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    most of the issues come from the same plist....i would try before i restore all the way...it cant hurt.
    You're right, it can't hurt. I don't have this app available. What source do you have to add to get 1.1.4 safari cookies fix?
    thanks

ok, found the repo, installed and it didn't change anything at all. I will have to restore my phone! Sux!
    Last edited by seb481; 2008-03-20 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

At least you tried....something about the 1.1.3 JB just isnt placing everything right.

Default anyone got a fix yet?
    anyone fix their problem yet? I'm still gettin my bookmarks erased

Thumbs up Howto fix the camera issue
    Fixing the camera issue on jailbroken phones is pretty easy, its simply a permissions issue and you can follow my instructions at

http://nuglet.net/?p=5

I'm working on fixing the issue described with Safari, it's happening to me too. I'm on an 8gb Pwned phone running 1.1.4. I used iPwnage 1.1

any luck on this issue? I really dont want to restore again... took forever to get all my apps back on

anyone manage to fix the safari bookmark issue yet? booksmarks still go missing after restarting.