Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PkgBackup quick question

Default PkgBackup quick question
    Where does it store the backups? Im guessing on your PC because it says to sync after you back them up....so is itunes copying them to your PC?

btw does it save apps that you bought through cydia and there settings?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

PkgBackup saves everything by creating a fake contact in your contacts directory and basically just encodes the list of apps and packages into a hash that is then stored as the contacts name. Once the "contact" is created, they advise you to sync your phone to iTunes in order to backup the contacts list. Then, when you restore, update, etc. you simply reload your contacts list, jailbreak, and then install PkgBackup from Cydia like before, and then go into the app and it will identify the "contact" and allow you to install all of the apps synced to that contact "name" at once without having to go back and forth through Cydia.

Honestly, unless you really need it immediately, I would hold off on buying it as it is $4.99. The forthcoming Cydia update should have a built-in feature for reinstalling previously purchased apps. There has not been an ETA given for that update, however.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Example of the "contact" made for my iPad.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  

thanks for the heads up! Think i will hold off then.

Thanks again.