Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No more unlockable iPhone 4's?

Default No more unlockable iPhone 4's?
    Since new iPhone 4's ship with 4.1, that means that from now on no more iPhones can be unlocked. It also means that the white iphone will not be unlockable. So does this mean that in about 5 or 6 months I would be able to sell my iPhone 4 for like $900 since it's one of the few that Is unlocked? Factory unlocked go for like $1200 so do u think people will at least $900 for mine? Maybe even more if I change it to white..

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

No because the devs may bring a new unlock for the new baseband out by then..

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

I heard that it could take at least a year before they release the next baseband unlock..and by then the next iPhone would be out so people wouldn't care as much.

Get yourself a hearing aid then, it took four weeks for the iPhone 4 to be jailbroken and carrier unlocked when it came out - once a i4 jailbreak is released the unlock will not be far behind.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    Get yourself a hearing aid then, it took four weeks for the iPhone 4 to be jailbroken and carrier unlocked when it came out - once a i4 jailbreak is released the unlock will not be far behind.
    Thats an awful presumptuous statement, I will be surprised if we see a new unlock anytime soon.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Thanks

I doubt there will be an unlock for the 5.14.02 baseband at all. They probably hold off for the baseband that come with 4.2. Usually unlocks go every other firmware.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    I heard that it could take at least a year before they release the next baseband unlock..and by then the next iPhone would be out so people wouldn't care as much.
    where did you hear that load of bs from then???

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

why would it take a year to unlock? why not 2 months or 6 months? who makes up these things?
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    Your logic makes no sense at all. No point in arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    I doubt there will be an unlock for the 5.14.02 baseband at all. They probably hold off for the baseband that come with 4.2. Usually unlocks go every other firmware.
    That makes sense. Or maybe they'll hold it off until the white one is released because there might be another baseband upgrade by then.

Your pretty dumb if you truly believe your statements.

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

as far as pricing goes, direct from apple, an unlocked 32GB is like $900 after taxes.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Not many dev's know the new baseband. Planetbeing is one of the only ones and he unlocked it cause he wanted to use his phone in Canada. So it really just depends if they want to put in the time but now planetbeing already has an unlocked iPhone, who knows if he will be spending time doing something he doesn't need. I would think from now until the next iPhone there will be a new unlock but of course nobody knows and I wouldn't count on it. I would say your phone will be worth about $100 more than a iPhone that isn't unlocked come next year going with previous trends

Thanks

New fuzzyband is *apparently* released to support 4.1 up/downgrade, I found this quote on the redsnow article on the news page
    [QUOTE]
    Anyone - can find fuzzyband 4.1 in cydia.

The twitter update says:"I forgot to mention. Fuzzyband 4.1 was published in cydia yesterday. It supports 5.14.02 and down/upgrades to 5.13.04 for ultrasn0w"
    [QUOTE]
    I don't know/care if it's true as I don't need unlocks, I just thought I'd let you all know
    Hope it helps

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

New fuzzyband still only supports 3G phones with bl 5.08 I believe.

Aside from that, unlocks might not take an entire year but could take several months. Back on the 2.x days, my friend upgraded stupidly and screwed herself out of an unlock. She had to sell the phone since the new unlock had just come out and Apple patched it, and I knew the devs won't have another unlock out since they'd released one already earlier. So...about 3-4 months passed was when another unlock came out. That was when she sold her blackberry and got another iPhone

It probably won't be days/weeks from now for the unlock, it could be a few months, but if won't be an entire year.