Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost my Jailbreak

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Lost my Jailbreak
    Hope somebody can help. My iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0.1 crashed the other day and went into recovery mode. I had to recover through iTunes and it automatically upgraded to iOS 4.1. I have my SHSH blobs for iOS 4.0.1 saved on Cydia but when I try to restore through it fails. I have followed the instructions given and changed the IP adress so that iTunes connects to the Cydia server for verification but it still fails about 3/4 of the way through restoring.

I am running Windows 7 and iTunes 10.0.0.68. I was jailbroken on 'jailbreakme.com'

Please help!!! It is a pain without my jailbreak. I have heard that a new JB for 4.1 is coming soon but I can't wait.

Try using TinyUmbrella to copy the 4.0.1 blob from Saurik's server (Cydia) to your own computer. It should be somewhere around 60 KB I believe. Modify your HOSTS file to point gs.apple.com to 127.0.0.1 (which is your own machine) instead of Saurik's IP, use TinyUmbrella to start the SHSH server, and then shift+click the Restore button in iTunes to browse to the 4.0.1 firmware file (use http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750 if you don't already have it downloaded to your comp). If, after a successful restore, it still is in recovery mode, click the handy "kick out of recovery mode" button in TinyUmbrella.

This is a very abbreviated version of the instructions at http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html so refer to that if you need more help (even though they are a bit outdated by this point).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DanTheManMS For This Useful Post:

bobcarr (2010-09-28)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply DanTheManMS, I have sorted the problem. The instructions I originally followed gave the wrong IP adress for Sauriks server and incorrect details in how to amend the 'Hosts' file. I finally found the correct instructions on this web site on Sunday night. IPhone now back to iOS 4.0.1 and jailbroken again, happy days!!!! I did use TinyUmbrella to 'kick phone out of recovery' also. Easy when you know how. Thanks again.

tiny umbrella can be your best friend with this problem

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TEEC33 For This Useful Post:

bobcarr (2010-09-30)