Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Retrieve / Backup Music on Disabled iPhone

Question Retrieve / Backup Music on Disabled iPhone
    Hello All,

Here is the situation...

My girlfriend has an old 3G that she uses for her music. Well she hasn't used it in a while and forgot the passcode to it. She was trying to figure out the passcode a few weeks back and ended up disabling her phone. Now she is locked out of it. She brought it to the Apple store and they said that they could restore it, but she would lose all of her data (aka music). Simple right? Restore and put the music back into library and sync... well she doesn't have a lot of the songs on her new computer (she recently got a MacBook Pro).

So... I was wondering if there are any 3rd party programs or what not that would be able to access her files and back them up, or even just download them to her laptop, so that she can restore the iPhone and then put the songs back on?

I was thinking of like CuCuSofts iPhone Tool Kit or maybe SharePod or CopyTransManager would possibly do this or is it the iPhone denying access to whatever program is trying to connect to it? (BTW her iPhone is not jailbroken.)

Well all suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.